Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour (March 30, 2018) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 12, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cursed post

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I guess narratively it didn't fit she was also kind of playing a character maybe

mattfreaksmeout and jorbjorb like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I wasn't really a fan of his bits. Not because of him at all, but because the whole schtick just wasn't very funny. I get the aim, but it missed the mark for me comedy-wise

4. domotime2 Dec 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2019)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

watching this right now (or in the background)... what a cool throwback concept. It's like a bunch of mini music videos. She's such.... she's money. That's the best way to describe her.

Christmas Without a Bow is one of my favroite xmas songs so it's awesome to get a "Video" for that.

Ooh! Cabello!!! That's gotta be a thing one day

Armesian!!!!!! (eh i wish he wrote that one, that was painful to watch haha)

yay! Mele Kalikamaka made the special! good good good. Zooey, well, that makes a ton of sense.

Lana Del Rey. Makes sense as well.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I've commented with friends about how Kacey has a kind of awkward demeanor in all the videos I've seen of her, but with the style of this special she made it work.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

okay i was obviously commenting and editing while i was watching it.

Overall, that was very pleasant. Love the concept. Love the songs obviously. Love the cameos. Love the sets. And i still stand by my comment that Kacey is awesome

BUT i do get the critique that she doesn't really have the acting or comedic chops that could've really brought this into next gear. She doesn't really have the BIGGEST personality. But it is what it is.

Overall i just love the concept

irthesteve likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

where was ruston

8. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

phaynes12 and ChaseTx like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Think I'll watch this today finally

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The sets and outfits in this were amazing. Songs were great, skits weren't, but who cares. Wish the Troye Sivan duet were longer and I really liked the Present Without a Bow video

11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Would like a studio version of “Glittery” for my holiday playlist.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You can have that if I can have a studio recording of "There's a Person There."

cshadows2887 likes this.
  13. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I'd like "Burn One With John Prine" while we're at it

14. irthesteve

15. Craig Manning

coleslawed likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wonder if it’s possible a collab project of some kind is coming

17. irthesteve

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just realized Golden Hour is coming up on 2 years already, which is wild to me. But it got me wondering if it's possible we get an album this year. I know it took a while between Pageant Material and Golden Hour, but I'd assume she wants to get something out while there's still some buzz around her. I'd love to get something by summer

19. Craig Manning

I seriously doubt it, unfortunately. She had such a busy 2019 that I doubt she's even written much music, let alone had a chance to get into the studio. Spring 2021 would be my earliest estimation.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

But I also feel like she already has talked about having some songs written. I will be patient if I must, but I don't think late summer/fall is out of the question, but you may be right. I'm sure she'll also want to take her time to make sure it's as good as it can be. I can't imagine the pressure of following an album like this.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope she tours again soon. I have yet to see her live and want to.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I definitely don't expect any more tour dates until the next album, except maybe a couple one offs.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was hoping she would come back one more time since her Chicago Theater date sold out and her only other show here was at Lolla. I’ll just catch her next album then!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

First thing I did when walking into the house tonight was tell the HomePod to put this album on... still come back to this/her discog at least every other week. Just so good.