Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour (March 30, 2018) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 12, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

It’s funny that all of my AOTY choices all have insanely good openers. The only thing that can compete with “Slow Burn” is “Blind Spot” by Field Report

2. zmtr

Trusted

But then you have “Good Lover” from Donovan Woods, “Hangout At The Gallows” from FJM, and “Deep Green” from Big Red Machine. All of my favorite records this year have incredible opening songs

3. zmtr

Trusted

Also I’m triple posting but the title track is still one of my favorites from this album. I know that’s an unpopular opinion.

Gwen likes this.
  4. I have never heard of any of the artists you mentioned. I have some catching up to do, thanks for the recs!

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

RedDotRecording and zmtr like this.
  7. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Unpopular for people without ears I guess, it’s one of the best songs she’s ever written

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Swoon.

Jdaniels, Slangster, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  10. zmtr

Trusted

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

12. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yo lol

13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

For us "Slow Burn" fans

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. irthesteve

Love videos like this, it's basically the video version of Song Exploder however. This one is awesome.

15. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Kacey came out for a song with Ruston Kelly tonight in SF, so crazy seeing her in a MAYBE 80 person venue.

Attached Files:

ChaseTx, JRGComedy, RJ Knorr and 4 others like this.
  16. Craig Manning

Won the CMA Award for Album of the Year. Next stop Grammys, please.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That’s amazing! So happy for her!

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. zmtr

Trusted

Spinning this on a beautiful snowy Sunday in Michigan. At this point of the year I think I can confidently say that it’s my AOTY

Attached Files:

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think it's so cool that a husband and wife both put out an album in the same year and they are both in the running for my AOTY.

21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Agreed. It's often tough for me to definitively say ok this is my favorite of the year so I usually do a tiered approach. Like these 3 or whatever are my favorites and everything else is below that. And this year it's Kacey and Ruston and caitlyn Smith and then everyone else.

navidson and zmtr like this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

I really wanted to love Dying Star but it just never clicked with me. I still listen to the EP on a regular basis.

“Son Of A Highway Daughter” is one of my favorite songs of the year though.

I would empty my savings account for a full album of both of them together. I really hope something like that happens soon.

23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Really? Man its hard for me to picture you not loving Dying Star. But wholeheartedly agree on highway daughter, what a freaking song

24. irthesteve

I haven't really heard anything from Ruston Kelly that particularly interests me

25. zmtr

Trusted

I’ve tried multiple times but I’m gonna give it a few more spins to see if it clicks.