Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Yeah, didn't like the AOA album either. NCT was great and still haven't listened to WJSN yet.

2. nomoretape

Supposedly AOA didn't sell that much?

3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah theyve lost a lot of their popularity with the scandals they had last year and this album has been very poorly received, i dont think good luck did well either.

4. nomoretape

New Minx/Dreamcatcher sounds like something that Kara would release. It's okay on first listen.

5. StepsInADance

what a massive reinvention, not a huge fan but way better than the stuff they were doing as minx

6. nomoretape

Pretty much only like the intro, was expecting more from the rest of the EP tbh. Also, baseball bats are overused.

7. StepsInADance

you can tell hyuna had part in writing that, it's so much like her solo stuff. kind of boring even though i guess its nice that theyre trying to stick out a bit more, though the single before this one had been my favorite thing theyd done

also theres word that twice is gonna be releasing a repackage next month

8. nomoretape

New Red Velvet soon-ish and looks like it's going to be an upbeat comeback.

9. StepsInADance

one of these nights kind of killed the momentum they had gained in 2015 so i dont think they plan on doing a single like that again

the hello venus mini album is surprisingly good

10. nomoretape

RIP Wonder Girls

11. StepsInADance

what a shame they put out really awesome stuff after their reboot as a band. i wonder which girls will remain with the company? i really hope sunmi stays, her solo mini album was pretty strong but her solo career took a backseat when wonder girls came back.

the suzy mini album is really good. im not crazy about the single but sick and tired and preference are great tracks

this group has like no fanbase and i randomly stumbled on it but im really loving it

12. What scandal ?
    Pretty sad about Wonder Girls but I'm glad they came back with one of the best pop albums of the decade imo.
    Also, I listened to EXID's new album and damn, this is awful. I shouldn't have been surprised because their singles sold them as a one-trick pony but I expected better.

13. StepsInADance

last year aoa had a variety show and during one segment they had seolhyun and jimin naming historical figures that were on a board and they didnt know the name of one of them who is apparently a highly beloved and influential figure in korean history when one of them finally googled the answer she called him by the nickname the japanese had for him (he rebelled against japanese occupation from what i understand). this coincided with the release of their good luck mini album which was poorly received and the company's ceo was seen as having made the situation worse with his attitude.

a few months later seolhyun was caught dating zico from block b, this further eroded her popularity which dealt a blow to the group considering seolhyun is far and away their most recognizable member.

14. Oh right, too bad their culture puts too much emphasis on dating and stuff like that. I find it pretty gross and archaic especially in 2017.

15. StepsInADance

rv single is okay, the rest of the album is really strong though, body talk is soooo good.

16. nomoretape

Didn't like the whole EP, the title track seems so weak to me. I'll probably revisit it some other day. I ended up liking OOTN later so who knows~

17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Figured this thread might enjoy this... two big K-pop stars collab with an up-and-coming American R&B singer. I personally really love this track!

18. Still one of my favorite videos ever :

19. nomoretape

backed

20. StepsInADance

that's really solid, soooo much better than chewing gum. poor mark though in less that one year he's already gone through 5 promotional periods, must be exhausting.

also this t-ara stuff is crazy, makes me feel so bad for them, in the end they were innocent the whole time and yet their careers took a blow they never recovered from. i really hope these news leads to a reappreciation for them from the public and are able to score a late career hit.

21. What's going on with t-ara ?

22. StepsInADance

are you familiar with the bullying scandal they had in 2012? basically they were accused by one of the members (hwayoung) of constantly bullying her and in the end hwayoung was kicked out of the group which did not sit well with the public and t-ara's image was irreparably tarnished, they were among the top 5 girl groups at the time and they never again reached that status.

well now some texts that hyoyoung (hwayoung's twin sister and former 5dolls member) sent to ahreum (a t-ara member at the time) in which she threatens ahreum with beating her up and also essentially confirms that a leg injury that hwayoung had at the time (which was the root of the bullying scandal) was fake and was fabricated by hwayoung to get out of having to do t-ara promotions. ahreum is now confirming that the texts are real and that there was no actual bullying, while people who worked with the company at the time are also speaking up and confirming this.

23. nomoretape

So it looks like Lane 2 is just a repackage with 2 new songs instead of a whole new mini album.

[​IMG]

24. StepsInADance

so apparently girl's day plans to comeback in march. thinking itll probably be their last comeback

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. I honestly forgot about them, it wouldn't surprise me if they all go solo or in a movie/drama career