Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah the aoa single was so bad, coupled with their recent scandal it seems like aoa's time as one of the bigger groups in the scene is coming to an end. exid also had relatively little success with their comeback.
    the exo album is super good though and jellyfish is debuting their first girl group gx9 in the coming weeks. its got both sejeong and mina from ioi. and dia came back earlier this week though i havent heard the song yet.

2. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

3. StepsInADance

haha some people are so exaggerated with this shit, now i hope they actually get together just to spite them.
    taeyeon's new solo album is really good which im really happy about since i didn't like her first one and shes like my favorite idol.
    also new yg girl group is called blackpink
    [​IMG]

4. nomoretape

Surprised Sonamoo went all cutesy.

5. StepsInADance

i guess they decided to reinvent themselves after their first two singles went nowhere. i really didn't like that. i think of all the girl groups that have come out in the past 2 years sonamoo is the worst.
    wonder girls new one is pretty awesome. the other two songs in the single album are worth checking out too.

popo likes this.
  6. nomoretape

Liking all the NCT stuff. Without You still my favorite song from them. Also digging that SM is going heavy on the EDM releases.

popo likes this.
  7. StepsInADance

yeah sm has been killing it this year (and last). apparently yg is delaying his girl group to have them go against red velvet and a lot of people are mad now.

8. StepsInADance Aug 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2016)
    StepsInADance

so theres a lot of interesting stuff coming in august
    oh my girl (already out)
    hyuna (already out)
    snsd single (already out)
    blackpink (aug 8th)
    ioi (aug 9th)
    wjsn
    monsta x
    y-teen (wjsn/monsta x unit)
    red velvet
    exo
    ibi (produce 101 unit)

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Finally listened to Tiffany's album. Enjoying it a lot

10. StepsInADance

you should check out taeyeon's new one its also very good.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

I listened to it once a couple months back a and liked it but haven't gotten around to listening since then. I'll need to get back into it tonight

12. StepsInADance

so after 5 years of false reports and tentative debut dates that came and went, blackpink is finally here

13. nomoretape

dig both songs, was not disappointed.

14. StepsInADance

i like boombayah but im not too into it yet. whistle is the jaaaaaammmm though

15. nomoretape

The prechorus and bridge of whistle is probably my favorite thing I've heard this year.

Hope they make it far.

16. StepsInADance

loooovvveee the new cosmic girls single. love the imagery and plot of the video too and how it ties in to the addition of yeonjung.

exo's new one is a jam too.

17. nomoretape

I had to look through the Youtube comments to understand the story of the video.

Also, rip Tiffany.

18. StepsInADance

yeah its a shame this seems like itll shut down tiffany's career, kind of like what happened to bom.

19. ChaseTx

Scandals in Korea are so fucking stupid

20. StepsInADance

yeah i agree, i dont really understand this current one too well but i do know that koreans are pretty sensitive when it comes to their history with japan, so i dont know if im really entitled to a strongh opinion on this.

21. nomoretape

New NCT unit is ok.

22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

"Whistle" is sooo good. Are they coming out with a full length album or anything? (sorry if that's a dumb question, I don't keep up on K-Pop too much but I do enjoy it)

23. ChaseTx

I mean just the reaction from fans online is so shitty. If someone does something mildly offensive fans backlash and get them removed from/edited out of tv shows or whatever

24. nomoretape

As of now, there's no news if they're releasing an album/EP soon. They supposedly have a 3rd song already recorded that's being released later.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  25. StepsInADance

supposedly they play on releasing music videos for 8 songs before the end of the year, which apparently makes up their debut album. yg has adopted this strategy of releasing full albums in parts as to extend the album's cycle.

ChiliTacos likes this.