Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

still no Yeri solo music... it's fine...
    [​IMG]

((i actually don't even know if she's hinted at/mentioned wanting to make solo music or not))

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. AndrewSoup

oh... OH this new Twice. i'm afraid it slaps. i fucking love the bass on this track.

3. BensonHedges

woke up i'm in the in-between honey

So excited for this.

midnightxtaylor likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Thoughts as of recent:

I like the new Kai album, it's not revolutionary or anything and nothing wows me but it's very consistent

I like production on the new Twice album but only really like 1 song, this release feels incredibly weak

New Yuju single is great

New Cherry Bullet single is okay but the song "Whistle Like That" is fantastic and should've been the single

Been getting into Moonbin & Sanha from Astro and their stuff is great

Also getting into Alice and digging into past Elris stuff and it's very very good

And I love the new Huh Yunjin song that came out last night and am so happy she's releasing these one-off solo tracks

5. midnightxtaylor

Regular

All of their collabs lately have been so good

6. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

been really diggin the following:

fifty fifty released one of my favorite kpop songs of last year (tell me) and this new one is quite good too. they seem to come from a very small agency but looks like they struck a chord with global fans.

another new group from a smaller company. i think this was supposed to be a loona-like project with multiple pre-debut units and releases, but looks like they ditched that and just went straight to the debut after one unit. im not sure how it all works but this group seems like theyre doing some interactive stuff with the fanbase where they pick their singles. anyways everything ive heard from them has been very good.

i enjoyed this new nct single, it still has some of the pitfalls that have haunted nct (why does everyone have to rap?), but its always nice hearing that darker sm boygroup sound that doesnt devolve into a mess. anyways its been stuck in my head.

its obviously already been mentioned but i did really like twice's new single, havent heard the album yet. i wasnt too into stayc's "teddy bear" but i have really enjoyed "poppy" i also like the jinyoung (got7) single and the key solo was solid too.

7. Fucking Dustin

The idea of tripleS is really cool other than the whole NFT aspect of it all but I really like their music

8. StepsInADance

so i was going to say something because in the video's description there was promotion for some collectible thing that definitely seemed like a red flag. but i wasnt sure if it actually was nfts. thats a shame.

9. Crisp X Mar 14, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2023)
    I'm sad that after +4 years of diligently following K-Pop's scene, fully getting back into it in fall 2018, barely anything has been clicking for the past few months. Exceptions are the newer groups that lean hard into the Y2K aesthetic like NewJeans, tripleS, or XG. They just feel more tailored to my current tastes.

I don't know if it's fatigue on my side, as I did diligently follow the scene for this long. Perhaps I'm going through another transitional period, similar to the time when my favorite groups from the previous gen slowed down one after another as they reached the end of their contract. It doesn't help that I've still not gotten over Gfriend's sudden disbandment, among others due to scandals, and that LOONA's ongoing troubles are leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

I figure my interest in K-Pop may come back after a break.

StepsInADance likes this.
  10. StepsInADance

i was kind of in a rut like this around 2020 and 2021. i generally didnt really like the predominant sound that every group had started to do and also felt a bit left behind by a lot of my favorite groups either by disbandment or by feeling like the ones that were still around were not delivering their best work. i still listened but felt like songs that really connected with me just werent as common, i mean, i used to do yearly top 50s for singles AND b-sides but even now i dont think i could really do that anymore.

ive said this before but last year i felt really good about the music coming out and the future of the genre. i was left very excited by the debuts and success of ive, newjeans, and le sserafim with a sound that was a departure from how agressive and bombastic everything had gotten.

Crisp X likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

I get all that for sure but it's funny because I'm pretty much the opposite, I just got into kpop in 2021 and am still in "the world is my oyster" mode and discovering new things I've never heard of once a week and it's so nice. There are some trends I don't like for sure but for the most part I'm incredibly satisfied. 2022 was amazing for me and I'm even more excited for this year.

Also Dreamcatcher show tonight!

12. midnightxtaylor

Regular

The number of times the TXT GQ article has been edited this morning because of incorrect / xenophobic writing... oof.

13. Fucking Dustin

I need to go

7EC4DFA0-018D-426B-9C01-78A3803F9A45.jpeg

14. Fucking Dustin Mar 15, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2023)
    Fucking Dustin

Dreamcatcher ripped my face off, they were absolutely perfect. One of the most fun nights I've had in so long

I'm somewhere over here
    upload_2023-3-16_8-9-8.png

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. AndrewSoup

my Target exclusive vinyl colorway for Twice's new record just came in! (yay)
    the packaging is godawful, the side is split, and the piece of tape securing the top flap left residue on it (boo)

16. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I wish it wasn't so repetitive, but overall I like this direction for his solo

17. StepsInADance

just found out that loona's heejin, kim lip, choerry, and jinsoul have all signed to modhaus, which is the company that handles tripleS. its also ran by jaden jeong who was loona's creative director up until 2019. unfortunately it is also the company that is pushing nfts alongside tripleS

18. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I feel mixed, hesitant because of the NFT pushes but also it's kinda encouraging seeing the 4 of them rush to sign together?

19. AndrewSoup

oh yeah, i was really stoked to see that (basically) Odd Eye Circle+ have signed a new deal/are with a new company!! I really hope they are kept as part of the same group, i know we probably won't see them branded as OEC (don't know how Korean copyright works) but i'd kill for another record in that style, Max & Match is one of my favorite Loona projects

((and also, i am so exhausted from the shitshow around Chaeyoung and her, uhh, questionable shirt choices this week lmao))

20. BensonHedges

woke up i'm in the in-between honey

In love with this.

21. Fucking Dustin

Jimin absolutely killed it. Fantastic single. Haven’t listened to the rest yet

BensonHedges likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Wait, what?!

FBFC38C0-40EA-4968-98C4-D43E2F50A2DF.png

23. AndrewSoup

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah. Quite good. Listened to it about 10 times.

25. Fucking Dustin

Stray Kids tonight woooooo
    78B45575-3908-4430-A2F0-A65CBEFBCDBE.jpeg