Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. A coincidence but Nieah just dropped a new single:

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

new ITZY actually fuckin slaps
    the title track is probably my least favorite, but every song on here is pretty dope; they have some really good production

3. Yeah it's a bit early but this might even be my favorite mini from them. Kidding Me and Wild Wild West are bangers and showcase the increase in hip-hop influences better than in this title track.

This also came out this week.

4. AndrewSoup

yeah, Sorry Not Sorry and Kidding Me are stand outs for me, those songs are fucking bangers

and that (G)I-DLE song fuckin slaps too; i've been meaning to listen to that group

5. AndrewSoup

AYYYYYY BITCH also new TWICE next month??

i'm very excited for this; Cry For Me is one of my favorite TWICE songs, i hope they continue in that kind of sonic direction

Crisp X likes this.
  6. matthest

Is there a dedicated Dreamcatcher thread? LEEZ and Ollounder are by far the most interesting songwriters in K-pop right now to my rock-oriented ears. The riffs in Odd Eye are insane.

Crisp X likes this.
  7. Not yet, it's nice to see some love for them. They're definitely one of my favorite K-Pop acts at the moment, and I love how they've been pushing the boudaries of that scene stylistically.

Also, here's another group that released a single that's very reminiscent of Dreamcatcher:

popo likes this.
  8. michael_gatto

Trusted

Holy shit, this is awesome. Always looking for more K-Pop that sounds like Dreamcatcher. This scratches that itch.

Crisp X likes this.
  9. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

girl planet 999 (basically produce 101 season 5) just ended, the group is called kep1er (pronounced as kepler). lineup includes yujin from clc, she basically confirms the group's disbandment in the show. show was fun but like produce48 the show ultimately betrays its concept of a global group by having their japanese and chinese inclusions be minimal in the final lineup.

10. AndrewSoup

STAYC is challenging LOONA as my favorite girl group. and honestly, with Black Eyed Pilsung as their label+producers you just can't compete with that

Tides and Crisp X like this.
  11. Tides

@IMTides_

STAYC are 4/4 on title tracks for me, so consistently great.

new Weeekly in like 2 weeks is super exciting too, STAYC and them are probably two of my favourite groups at the moment, alongside Dreamcatcher (who it seems like is probably also gearing up for a comeback) and fromis_9 (who also just put out a great song).

I liked Apink's Dilemma too, although I'm not big on the chorus, feel like they could have done something better than "Dilemma (x8)", but I love everything else about it.

been a pretty good month or so for me!

12. AndrewSoup

new Red Velvet absolutely owns my heart and soul. just SO good. new Stray Kids fuckin slaps too. the track Muddy Water is just unbelievable.

13. justin. Jul 22, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2022)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s not K-pop, but fans of K-pop will really like this group. They debuted in fall of 2021 and they’re called Be: First.

Apple Music just notified me of them yesterday. Good stuff.

14. HYBE's new girl-group NewJeans, created by none other than Min Heejin (former creative director at SM Entertainment), surprise dropped their first two songs and I haven't been this intrigued by a K-Pop project since LOONA's pre-debut era. It all feels already so... fully formed identity and sound wise, and the Y2K inspired visuals are on point without ever feeling like pastiche. Love the strong R&B influence as well.

15. AndrewSoup

..."NewJeans"? really? eh
    i'll have to check them out tho.
    been a minute since this thread was active! solo Nayeon ep slaps, as does new Aespa, new ITZY ep- i adore the bsides and am ambivalent towards the tt.
    and my faves STAYC have a new single album out now too

16. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Since like mid 2020, I haven't kept up with kpop. So behind on what came out so far this year.

I did see Blackpink is having a comeback soon.

17. StepsInADance

i was gonna post about newjeans cause i love "attention" so much. havent had a chance to hear the orher song yet.

i find that the past couple of years ive enjoyed less tracks than before but theres still some cool stuff coming out. this year ive also loved run2u (stayc), dm (fromis 9), flip that (loona), and love dive (ive).

18. This has been a strong year so far, moreso than the last I think. I echo the songs recommended above, and would add those

19. Also for the nostalgia rush, this bugAboo comeback has given me strong early 2010s vibes. The main hook and the chorus really sound like something I'd often hear back when I got into K-Pop in 2013.

popo likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

oh yeah, i've been listening to Young-Luv.Com literally since it came out. that IVE comeback was unbelievable and very deserving to still be winning awards 3 months later. really liked LOONA's comeback. I'm honestly ready for a full length release from them

21. StepsInADance

kind of annoying the newjeans stuff is not on streaming services yet and we have to wait for the album to be released.

also wild that snsd is actually putting out a brand new full album. really didnt think it was gonna happen and that we were just gonna get the subunit and solo stuff moving forward.

22. AndrewSoup

oh, are the newjeans prerelease singles not on streaming? that's weird, normally a label would put those up right away to get those numbers

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

nomoretape likes this.
  24. FoS

Harder styles organization

good

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m late to it, but Nayeon’s mini album is fantastic. Bop of the summer.

AndrewSoup likes this.