Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah the stayc single is very good, probably shouldnt be called "so bad".

weki meki's latest single is one that keep getting better for me, a pretty big change from what ive been hearing from their other releases.

i really didnt like aespa's debut. looks like they wanted to do something to compete with itzy and blackpink but have taken all the wrong lessons from their music. sm girl groups usually take a bit to find their footing though so hopefully their future releases are more interesting.

AndrewSoup and michael_gatto like this.
  2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i REALLY loved both of these, the music alone is so so good

Ben likes this.
  3. Crisp X Nov 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2020)
    Yeah aespa'd debut was very nothingy. The best thing about it was BoA's cameo at the very end.

Dreamcatcher went full metal again for their new Japanese single.

I need a full album of this.

Speaking of BoA, I'm appreciating the little celebrations that are being made about the 20th anniversary of her career. This documentary, which shows her recreating many old MVs inbetween interview bits, was cute.

And I'm really enjoying her ongoing reality show, Nobody Talks To BoA. Seeing her still being hungry about her craft, having the dilemma of keeping up with trends while wondering whether she's "too old" or still got it, albeit sometimes in a joking manner, is really enlightening. It humanizes her and makes me feel for her too.

4. michael_gatto

Trusted

These Japanese Dreamcatcher singles are fire. I love their music but the full on metal sound on the Japanese stuff is so good.

5. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Crisp X likes this.
  6. StepsInADance

a little late but i finally finished my b-sides list for 2020, and plan on finishing up my singles list in the next couple of days. like last year, 50 songs, in alphabetical order.

baekhyun - r u ridin?
    boa - temptations
    boa - all that jazz
    boa - honey & diamonds
    the boyz - make or break
    dia - nobody knows
    enhypen - 10 months
    fromis_9 - weather
    fromis_9 - mulgogi
    gfriend - dreamcatcher
    gfriend - tarot cards
    gfriend - creme brule
    (g)-idle - maybe
    got7 - aura
    got7 - crazy
    got7 - love you better
    irene & seulgi - diamond
    itzy - ting ting ting
    itzy - i dont wanna dance
    izone - ayayaya
    izone - daydream
    izone - merry go round
    loona - number 1
    loona - oh (yes i am)
    loona - ding ding dong
    nct 127 - music, dance
    nct dream - 7 days
    nct dream - love again
    nct dream - deja vu
    niziu - beyond the rainbow
    nuest - moon dance
    nuest - back to me
    oh my girl - dolphin
    oh my girl - neon
    rocket punch - fireworks
    rocket punch - girl friend
    super junior - shadow
    superm - step up
    superm - together at home
    twice - oxygen
    twice - up no more
    twice - say something
    txt - ghosting
    txt - blue hour
    txt - way home
    wayv - after midnight
    wjsn - pantomime
    wjsn - where you are
    wjsn - our garden

Crisp X likes this.
  7. Nice idea! There's a lot of overlap with mine, if I ever get to make a bside one. I did make a top 20(+1) playlist the other day:

+1 refers to the Kpop song I listened to the most this year, but remains unavailable on Spotify:

Not sure I can manage to make separate singles and bsides ones, the dilemmas that'll ensue...

popo and StepsInADance like this.
  8. StepsInADance

better late than never i guess, here's my top 50 korean singles of 2020

1. iz*one - secret story of the swan
    2. twice - more & more
    3. yukika - soul lady
    4. lil boi, wonstein, chillin homie & skyminhyuk - freak
    5. twice - cry for me
    6. gfriend - mago
    7. loona - so what
    8. superm - one (monster & infinity)
    9. twice - i cant stop me
    10. zico - any song
    11. bewhy - saeroi
    12. nct u - make a wish (birthday song)
    13. gfriend - apple
    14. iz*one - fiesta
    15. apink - duhmdurum
    16. brave girls - we ride
    17. superm - 100
    18. wjsn - butterfly
    19. rose de penny, dsel, kaogaii & untell - win win
    20. devita - evita!
    21. weki meki - cool
    22. irene & seulgi - naughty
    23. dreamcatcher - boca
    24. exo-sc - 1 billion views
    25. sf9 - good guy
    26. the boyz - the stealer
    27. nct u - 90s love
    28. wonstein - infrared camera
    29. exo-sc - telephone
    30. iz*one - panorama
    31. loona - voice
    32. crush - mayday
    33.verivery - lay back
    34. mamamoo - wanna be myself
    35. oh my girl - nonstop
    36. loona - why not?
    37. blackpink - lovesick girls
    38. everglow - dun dun
    39. drippin - nostalgia
    40. boa - better
    41. kai - mmmh
    42. gwsn - bazooka!
    43. nct u - work it
    44. txt - we lost the summer
    45. weeekly - tag me (@me)
    46. chungha - stay tonight
    47. cignature - assa
    48. weki meki - dazzle dazzle
    49. ab6ix - the answer
    50. bvndit - children

popo and Crisp X like this.
  9. nomoretape

Crisp X likes this.
  10. nomoretape

popo likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

Love that Weeekly is about to release their third ep soon!!! i'm super into their power-pop sound on We Are and We Can. anyone who's more familiar with these rollouts, what's the average amount of time some of these acts goes between releases? they just debuted last year and put out two five-song records already, does it depend on the company?

on another note, i am so desperate for more music from Stayc. it's been like 4 months with just those two songs and i am dying for more :verysad:

12. Tides

@IMTides_

I feel like it's usually a few months between releases for most groups, with the odd rare exceptions where it takes forever (Blackpink) or groups just randomly disappear (gugudan, Pristin) and we never get anything more again. (Although I acknowledge that most of the time where groups disappear it's because they weren't doing too well, but did they really have to wait like 2 years to announce gugudan was done? come on man...)

I'm super excited for the new Weeekly stuff too, and I also really want more STAYC. They were probably my two favourite groups last year, their debuts were so good.

Apart from that, I've really been enjoying the newest Dreamcatcher, both Odd Eye and 바람아 are super good singles, and the self-made video for Poison Love was a lot of fun too. They're also doing an AMA on the r/kpop subreddit tomorrow, which is really cool for a group that feels really big (even though I think it's mostly international fans).

Also, new IU in like, two weeks. Always an exciting time!

AndrewSoup and The Lucky Moose like this.
  13. The pandemic has also made it hard to predict the gap between releases... it's kinda frustrating, especially for groups who are about to reach the end of their contract, and newer ones who didn't even have a chance to build a fanbase in person. That and the influx of scandals happening right now as well.

I know many who gave us comebacks at the end of 2020 are rumored to be coming back for the second quarter, so I'm looking forward to see what's going to happen. To think it's been close to one year and a half since the last Red Velvet full group comeback hurts.

Anyway, my next anticipated comebacks are (finally) the return of WJSN, and the to-be-announced LOONA one.

It's been 84 years.gif

14. AndrewSoup

i'm also really glad that a bunch of kpop songs have returned to Spotify. a whole bunch got removed for like a week, it was awful :anguish:

15. AndrewSoup

speak of the devil :verysad: i can't wait

16. WJSN delivered as usual

New Me is a b-side of the year contender... I'm gonna need more of these vaporwave vibes.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  17. I watched the Blackpink doc on Netflix a couple days ago. I really liked it!

18. AndrewSoup

STAYC GIRLS, IT'S GOIN DOWN

popo likes this.
  19. Tides

@IMTides_

hated this the first time I listened to it because I was hoping for something more like So Bad and this just feels kind of low energy compared to that, but it's grown on me a lot over the course of the day. still not as good as So Bad imo but 2 good title tracks in a row is pretty good for a rookie group so can't really complain I suppose!

20. ASAP is already one of my favorite K-Pop songs of the year. Anything that has hints of miami bass, even though put through a poppier filter, is going to stay on rotation for me.

popo likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

also, new ITZY at the end of the month?? i'm looking forward to seeing what they do next

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I was/am obsessed with BBIBBI, so I have been really looking forward to this new UI album. Sadly it doesn't have the sound I was (maybe out of ignorance) hoping for. I only like Celebrity and even there I could do with less EDM-ish influences.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

EDIT: Also see this as my annual "please recommend recent R&B-ish releases from Korea to me" request.

23. I could make an entire post focusing on Nieah, she's so underrated and it's a shame her bandcamp doesn't have all of her material.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  24. Just gonna post this gem here as well. She released like three or four songs back in 2013/2014 then pretty much disappeared. The 90s vibes of this one are everything to me.

justin. and The Lucky Moose like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Thank you!!

Crisp X likes this.