Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Crisp X Sep 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2020)
    Looking forward to read her book.

And this is excellent by the way

StepsInADance likes this.
  2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i had heard about the jessica book and heard it was just a ya novel about a kpop trainee, but then it was apparently an autobiographical novel that took a lot from her time in the industry. it seemed interesting but i didnt think id read it. but apparently the publication of the novel in korea had to be pushed back last minute and theyre removing all signs of the book being autobiographical in any way. which leads me to believe she says some things that could have been seen as incendiary by sm entertainment. so i have preordered the book lol

yeah the superm single is awesome. love that chorus. reminds me so much of peak exo. its also cool that they did the combinng two songs into one thing, which i havent seen anyone do since shinee's sherlock, which is still a goated song and iirc the first boy group song i was obssessed with. i havent heard the superm album yet but "100" is also a jam.

really been loving this brave girls song, which i think wins this year's award for most surprisingly good single of the year

Crisp X likes this.
  3. I spun the album earlier today and it's filled with bops. It's pretty much a long lost EXO album with shades of Shinee and NCT which... well, caters to my interests!

My early favorite is this album track

Loved the unexpected return from Brave Girls! Hopefully there's more to come and we don't get robbed of comebacks like it happened with Ladies' Code after their lenghty hiatuses.

October is shaping up to be one of the biggest months of the year. I can't even keep up with the amount of comebacks but I'd say I'm looking forward to LOONA the most.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Cardi B in your areaaa

[​IMG]

6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

their record is literally just called "The Album" right? i'm not sure if that's a placeholder, lol

7. Yes or "1st Album [The Album]" in certain places. Kind of ridiculous but I do hope it doesn't mean it'll be their only one.

8. michael_gatto

Trusted

Super curious about the Cardi B feature. Just hope the rest of the new songs are better than Ice Cream.

9. StepsInADance

im going in with very low expecations. hopefully theres some cool b-sides. i was actually listening to "whistle" yesterday and its unreal how different that song is to their last batch of singles. they both have similar aims but the execution could not be at more opposite ends of the spectrum.

also jessica's book came in today. read some excerpts on twitter and it is interesting to say the least lol

tangetially related: i started watching itaewon class last night on netflix. first drama ive checked out in years. but bewhy did a song for it and its been of my favorite kpop singles of the year so far, so it piqued my interest. very happy to see kwon nara as one of the female leads. i really miss hello venus.

Crisp X likes this.
  10. nomoretape

11. AndrewSoup

oh yeah, i was just about to post this when i got distracted by, uh, other news lol

it's not bad! i was slightly surprised Lisa and Jennie both did a full verse in english.
    also, why are like 90% of the comments on that video spamming the same meme comment?? i don't know what's going on in that fandom, lol

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

Not sure if it's because my expectations were lowered big time after Ice Cream, but I really enjoyed the video and the album is a lot better than I expected too. Still not big on Ice Cream though.

13. It's possibily their best single since As If It's Your Last. This 2011 Icona Pop-y sound suits them perfectly. The album contains a few bops despite the datedness here and there (Bet You Wanna ugh).

popo likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

love Lovesick Girls a lot

15. StepsInADance

its ok, definitely their best in a while. it could grow on me, sort of reminds of "as if its your last" and that song took a bit for me to love, and now its one of my favorite of theirs.

16. Twice brought the whole package again

bradsonemanband and popo like this.
  17. michael_gatto

Trusted

Hell yeah, I forgot this was coming out so soon. Excited to listen when I'm done work.

18. StepsInADance

omg i keep hearing great thingd about new twice, but im at work, cant wait to listen.

also sm is finally teasing their new girl group, aespa. they revealed the first member today

19. AndrewSoup

wow i love everything about that video+song

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. Love GFriend's new single and album. Despite the circumstances, 2020 has truly been their year. Such a consistent group.

popo likes this.
  21. StepsInADance Nov 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2020)
    StepsInADance

i love how twice has gone from the group i rooted for because my fave is in it but had hard time really liking their music outside of the singles, to just straight up the best group in kpop. the whole album is really good, my only complaint is that the music video has very little mina and too much of the same jihyo shot lol.

gfriend is another really impressive one. theyve been releasing quality stuff for a while now and this new single in awesome, they also always have good b-sides.

crazy that the year is starting to come to a close and we still have so much new music coming. sm alone has aespa's debut, kai's solo debut, boa, super junior and more nct coming after having just released a taemin and nct album.

Crisp X likes this.
  22. this Twice single is raaaaaad

23. nomoretape

really digging their debut

popo, Crisp X and AndrewSoup like this.
  24. It rules. More drum'n'bass in Kpop please.

25. AndrewSoup

wow i just really love this, this song is so good

really didn't think i'd fall so hard for the k-pop/idol music genre but here we are, lol. 2020 has seen stranger things happen....