Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm disappointed, wait so long and for what??? They really do deserve so much better.

Crisp X likes this.

2. Into these comebacks at the moment

michael_gatto likes this.
  3. At least it paved the way for this

michael_gatto, popo and K0ta like this.
  4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

wowowowowoweeee okay yessss

Crisp X likes this.
  5. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

id love to see blackpink's music improve but it still tops the charts so they probably see no reason for it to change, which is one of the shitty things about stan culture, once you get big enough theres no downside to putting out bad music because the brand is bigger than the music.

interesting that the izone song was posted too because i cant think of a better example of a song that uses loud horns and is really heavy, while still being an amazing track.

Crisp X likes this.
  6. There's also Everglow who sometimes channel Blackpink a lot.

michael_gatto and StepsInADance like this.
  7. StepsInADance

yeah everglow i think was like the first group to really do the blackpink thing, which i always thought was a smart idea since blackpink is absent so frequently. i thought for a while that (g)-idle would go that route but theyve switched up their sound since. anyways i really like "dun dun", its a pretty good adrenaline rush.

Crisp X likes this.
  8. I was pretty excited for (G)-Idle at the beginning but, like Blackpink, now that they settled on a particular sound, they're been creatively stuck by releasing the same thing over and over again. They do have some solid bsides though.

9. Yesterday was a big day

popo and michael_gatto like this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This Red Velvet project their advertising, is that actually just a new group consisting of two RV members?

11. StepsInADance

its whats called a subunit, they take a couple of usually the more musically inclined members and have them release some music on their own. its a common practice in the kpop world. for less popular groups the idea is to promote the members that management thinks have a better chance at breaking out, while with more established groups (like in rv's case) they allow for other members to do their own thing while the ones who dont really pursue ventures outside of music can continue to stay in the spotlight.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

That's interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

StepsInADance likes this.
  13. StepsInADance

so some good news in kpop:

nate (an online news platform) has closed down their comment section, making them the last of the big online media outlets to do so. those comment sections while mostly innocuous were also the breeding ground for unrestricted hate comments. this is the result of conversations spurred by the passing of idols like sulli and hara.

hara's ex-boyfriend who blackmailed her and spurred her depression has been sentenced to serve jail time. this is a step in the right direction for accountability towards shitheads who cause grief for idols.

some bad news:

aoa's mina recently spoke up about her time in aoa, in particular her issues dealing with fellow member jimin's bullying. she goes in depth about how the bullying affected her mental health and almost led her to take her own life. she also shared pictures of the physical damage caused by her depression (warning: it is very graphic). the scars are so severe she says doctors have told her that nothing can be done about them.

14. Jimin left the band. It's not like they were about to do much for longer, but I doubt AOA will continue.

15. Very reminiscent of this no?

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. StepsInADance

watch the album just be all their already released songs plus 1 or 2 new ones. wouldnt put it past them lol

18. emojedi

Trusted

Like how the incredibly long awaited MADE album by BigBang was just all 8 songs from the EPs as well as Fxxk It and Last Dance

StepsInADance likes this.
  19. StepsInADance

hey, it also had girlfriend, which is great.

but yeah lol i wouldnt put it past yg to do that again.

your post has reminded me of all the times yg announced ambitious projects that totally fell through. i for one am still waiting for the 3 remaining eps in winner’s exit series

20. I'm obsessed with this tune these past few days.

And I loved watching this.

21. The Lucky Moose

Found this song a few days ago, love it

22. Jay Park can be great, but I prefer his R&B influenced stuff more than his hip-hop one for some reason.

23. StepsInADance

some of the stuff ive liked these past couple of months

really liked the new gfriend single. a very strong evolution of their sound, sounds fresh. that guitar line is just awesome.

yukika seems to have decided to just straight up just do city pop in korean. this song is really cool, amazing instrumental.

irene and seulgi's single is probably my biggest dissapoinment this year, but they released a new single thats not on the album and it is very good. mile better than monster.

i love love exo, but the idea of a unit with the two rappers has always seemed unncecesary to me. but their new song is great, specially because it doesnt lean into rap too much.

crush has been one of favorite non-idol korean acts for a really long time so its always nice to see him release something cool that does well. really nice beat, hes a great singer, and joy from red velvet is in it and shes great in it.

other than that izone's "secret story of the swan" (that title is a little much lol) and twice's more & more are the songs that ive been with nonstop. the weeekly debut was cute and catchy. the wjsn single has grown on me a lot. sunmi's is good too but i dont love it the way everyone else seems to. somi's new one is her best, but the video and styling is so sunmi its a little egregious.

looking forward to itzy, treasure, superm, and hopefully the new sm girl group actually happens this year.

Crisp X and zigbigwig like this.
  24. michael_gatto

Trusted

I've never posted in here before and I'm still relatively new to K-Pop (my wife just started getting me into it heavily last year) but I'm going to be going through here getting some recommendations!

Also really enjoying the new Dreamcatcher and ITZY stuff that just came out.

StepsInADance and Crisp X like this.
  25. Today is BoA's 20th anniversary of her career launch. What a legend.

popo likes this.