Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. futures

I see what you're saying, but I was talking more about compensation. I heard all those girls appeared on that show for free.

I'd just think that these types of issues would've been worked out prior to even greenlighting the show, let alone picking the winners and putting them though this period of uncertainty.

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i feel you, it's unfortunate that that is the reality for a lot of these girls who basically get nothing tangible for years and only a few ever really get any compensation.

3. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

In K-Pop most of the idols don't get paid until they start to blow up. I'm sure their companies got some cash, or maybe not, the show was mainly about free promotion.

Some companies didn't even want their trainees to win (like CUBE because one of girls was already a member of CLC).

4. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

does this belong here?

this album has become a daily listen for me, and i'm trying to find more music that sounds like this.

5. StepsInADance

not sure. are they korean? either way if you havent yet check out meishi smile and mush.iba

6. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

i love meishi smile. UP is filipino but has kind of a k-pop style? he sings in korean sometimes?

7. StepsInADance

8. DeeZee

Not really a fan of that song or the group. I heard that they have like 40 members. So basically they're like that Japanese girl group with a rotating line-up.

9. StepsInADance

i like the song a lot actually. the concept is pretty convoluted and no one seems to know exactly what the plan is other than it's going to rotate lineups and will have units based in different cities.

10. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Yeah, I dig the song too. I remember reading about this large group that was gonna debut but didn't know that it was gonna be under SM.

11. popo

40 members. Wow...
    The song was weird, but I didn't mind it. ^^

12. StepsInADance

wow ioi released another version of their mv with the only real difference being that they cut out most of yeunjung's screen time, who has been pretty harshly criticized for "trying to steal the spotlight despite not being a visual". pretty fucked.

also twice comeback before the end of the month! anyone else a fan here?

13. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Twice, Seventeen, and Lovelyz all at the end of the month.

Also Apink Eunji next week too.

14. StepsInADance

yeah so much stuff is coming out, there's also a new got7 single coming out. from what i understand a lot of companies want to release their stuff now because theres limited media coverage once the olympics start

15. futures

I wish there was a m/v for the new got7 title, but it doesn't seem to be likely. :(

16. DeeZee

Yeah I like Twice. They're the future :)

17. StepsInADance

do you all just listen to the music or do you also pick biases and such?

18. futures

I like to think that my biases pick me

DeeZee and StepsInADance like this.
  19. StepsInADance

how true that is

20. DeeZee

Pretty much. There's always one member that just pulls me in.

21. StepsInADance

finally got around to the oh my girl mini, pretty consistent. and no obligatory dull ballad!
    the got7 follow-up is pretty good too.

22. futures

I loveeeeeeeeeee Homerun! Got7 is my bias group, though, so it'd be hard for me to hate it lol.

I also heard about Seunghee fainting at Music Core. I hope she's okay. :(

23. StepsInADance Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    StepsInADance

yeah after loving pretty much everything they put out in 2014 i was pretty cool on their 2015 comebacks, but so far theyve been killing it this year.

and yeah i heard about that so sad. i was keeping an eye out when watching their inkigayo performance since her company said she might be back for that, which i didnt want to happen since she needs rest. she wasnt there though.

also music core had so many cool performances this week, gfriend doing like ooh ahh, twice doing me gustas tu, wsjn doing up and down, and oh my girl doing mr chu.

24. futures

I sort of really like the new BTS song

25. StepsInADance

eh its ok. i liked run a good amount, aside from that ive never been a fan.