Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Absolutely loving the LOONA debut so far!! Will be bumping this for awhile.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

ye

3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

produce 48 lineup was finalized today and even though it's supposed to be a "global group" and was marketed as a collaboration with japan's akb48 the lineup ended up being only 3 japanese girls to 9 korean girls lol. that's a worse ratio than twice. lineup still seemed nice though, group (izone) might end up being big.

4. Justice for Kaeun from Afterschool :'(

5. StepsInADance

her not making it was the biggest surprise of the finale. really so strange. rumor floating around is that after school is gonna be brought back with kaeun, nana, and raina plus yoonjin (the other pledis girl who went on produce 48) and yoonjo (a former member of hello venus).

6. Tides

@IMTides_

Jo Hyunah (of Urban Zakapa)'s solo is the best thing released this year don't @ me

the LOONA debut, or at least Hi High and Favorite since those are the only songs from the mini I remember, was super good too. I've never listened to any of the sub-unit or solo stuff because, at this point, there's so much that I can't be bothered to go back through it all, and I always just kind of assumed they were a meme group because of the the crazy Twitter comments presence, so I was very pleasantly surprised that I liked both of those songs as much as I did.

new BTS was really enjoyable too, glad to see IDOL is doing so well in all the charts, keep it up boys!!!!

7. StepsInADance

that jo hyuna song is really good. ive never heard anything from urban zakapa that does anything for me though.

the loona debut stuff is good but you're really missing out on some amazing stuff by skipping over the predebut releases. some of the best loona songs are from that period and in some cases it isn't even close how much better they are than anything on the debut mini. at the very least "eclipse", "new", "vivid" and the odd eye circle mini are essential listens.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. StepsInADance

new sunmi is really good. ever since she came back after the breakup of wonder girls her music has sounded nice but rang a bit hollow to me, this seems like fulfillment of her promise as a solo singer. the mini is solid throughout too (gashina and heroine also make decent b-sides).

9. nomoretape

how 'bout that Dua Lipa/Blackpink collab?????

10. nomoretape

Liking new WJSN

popo and StepsInADance like this.
  11. StepsInADance

ooh yeah, that song is a jam.

the new (and last) uni.t song is pretty fun

same with the latest nct dream track

12. nomoretape

I'm liking that SuJu is doing these spanish collabs. Really liked ahora te puedes marchar from the ep.

13. StepsInADance

yeah its cool that they found their own niche at this point in their career, before this their music was sort of starting to show their age and this has kind of reinvigorated them.

the new nct album is pretty lame and the single is awful, so dissapointed, they need to strike a better balance between their singers and their rappers because its currently way too lopsided in the rapper's favor and aside from mark none of them are particularly great at it. also theyre adding more members to 127? they should be subtracting members not adding them, or at the very least keep it as is. seems like theyre now making an effort to break through in the states and while i wish them luck i dont see this ending well. bts let their fanbase grow organically and i have seen too many groups try to force success in the us and totally fail to have any optimism for this.

new iu is dope though

14. nomoretape

Kind of like it.

15. StepsInADance

yeah it's pretty good, i like it. im glad they stuck to singing in korean.

16. StepsInADance

the iz*one debut actually delivered.

17. nomemorial

Red Velvet coming to the USA!!!

Red Velvet Second Concert RedMare in USA dates:
    Feb. 8 - Los Angeles, CA - Pasadena Civic Auditorium
    Feb. 10 - Dallas, TX - The Theatre at Grand Prairie
    Feb. 13 - Miami, FL - Fillmore Miami Beach
    Feb. 15 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
    Feb. 17 - Newark, NJ - NJ Performing Arts Center

I'm super hyped and will be watching ticket sales like a hawk. I don't wanna miss this!!

In other news, I love the new TWICE single and I think the entire mini is really good. Sunset is one of their best songs ever, in my opinion. Would love to see them do more tracks incorporating that retro synthwave vibe a bit.

18. StepsInADance

yeah im super hyped about that tour, cant believe theyre actually hitting miami. ill be on the lookout for tickets, but please post here if you hear any info about when tickets got up, can not miss this. also loona is doing a world tour and is coming to the us too, would be too much if i got to see them and red velvet.

ill probably hear new twice when i get home, i feel like their output this year has left a bit to be desired but still interested.

19. This is awesome. I hope more kpop bands will get the opportunity to do western tours.

nomemorial likes this.
  20. Yeah I'm on the same boat with Twice. Even missed a few releases because it felt like they were pushing for quantity instead of quality. BoA's new album is excellent.

nomemorial likes this.
  21. nomemorial

I agree about TWICE's stuff this year - have really only paid attention to the singles. I feel like this mini is actually some of their best overall output and has some really stellar tracks. I keep coming back to it, which is a pleasant surprise.

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

We had to come up with a way to sell Harley’s to new (i.e. Asian) markets as well as girls etc. a few weeks ago in my marketing management class so we pitched an ad campaign with Red Velvet lmao

23. StepsInADance

youre not far off. exo (a boy group made by the same company that made red velvet) just released their new music video and it heavily features motorcycles.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  24. nomoretape

a bit let down tbh

Contender likes this.
  25. Couldn't resist posting this