Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Listen to the new Blackpink mini. Two of the songs are above.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I love that new Blackpink mini. Way more than expected. The new video is so good, too! Crazy stylish.

popo likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I actually did listen to that one, haha. I like it.

4. StepsInADance Jun 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2018)
    StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

check out the taeyeon song i posted a few posts above. check these two out and the loona odd eye circle album max & match

also some other red velvet songs not from that album that you might like

5. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Not a fan of the new Twice.

6. StepsInADance

i dig it tbh. also like the new apink single

popo likes this.
  7. nomoretape

Liking new Mamamoo and Seventeen.

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

How do you guys stay up to date with new releases and news in general?

9. nomoretape

Mostly use reddit.com/r/kpop.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. StepsInADance

subscribe to 1thek on youtube, theyre the channel on which virtually every kpop group uploads their music videos. if youre on twitter @OH_mes is easily the best source for news, she translates all the relevant news pieces and gets it out there before anyone else. in fact most english news on kpop are based on her info.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I've been really digging BTS more and more lately. I listen to them way more than I ever expected to. I decided to check up on ticket status for their Chicago tour date and got hit with "start your ticket search at $350, end the range at $1200" and uh, I guess I'm not going to that!

StepsInADance likes this.
  12. nomoretape

Think I like Zico's solo stuff better than Block B.

13. StepsInADance

yeah zico's solo stuff has been great for a while and i havent felt anything from block b in a while.

new chungha is also great, enjoying it more than i did roller coaster

also still surprised at how good the new apink single was.

im super hyped for loona on the 7th, i cant believe it's been almost 2 years since they were first announced and they're just now gonna debut. really curious as to how they'll handle all 12 girls together. i should be more excited about the new red velvet but i was too spoiled by perfect velvet, knowing they'll go with the brighter just makes me want more like perfect velvet. theyve done great music with their brighter sound though so this could still be great.

14. nomoretape

Didn't really like their single, but the rest of the mini was okay. Liked Blue Lemonade and With You. Also a while ago relistened to Bad Boy and finally clicked with me, its so good.

Liked new Stray Kids.

15. StepsInADance

yeah the single was whatever but i really liked every other song on the album, blue lemonade is awesome but everything else was great too (mr.e is a bit dull though). not sure what the point of that english version of bad boy was tbh. although bad boy has been my kpop song of the year since it came out and it'll be really hard for anything to top it at this point i think.

havent heard the stray kids one, district 9 left such a bad taste in my mouth that im kind of apprehensive about it, ill get to it eventually.

16. StepsInADance

loona debut is quite good

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm way into it.

Contender likes this.
  18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I only stan icons!!!

19. StepsInADance

new dia is actually phenomenal

popo likes this.
  20. nomoretape

Just like with latata, it took a couple of listens to like it.

21. StepsInADance

im not really a big fan of la ta ta, i thought it was fine but haven't gone back to it since they stopped promoting it on music shows. i love this one though, miles ahead of la ta ta for me.

22. The Lucky Moose

I like those subtle Miami Bass references

23. StepsInADance

before the release of the song they were promoting it as a miami bass track. it was pretty funny because the general reaction among kpop fans was "what is miami bass?".

24. The Lucky Moose

They have nothing to be embarassed about, when Tinashe dropped Superlove even many alleged music writers had no idea what they were listening to

25. StepsInADance

loona debut has been very fulfilling, hi high is really fun, favorite which i was into from the get go but didnt love has grown on me a lot, and the rest of the tracks on the mini are also worth your time.

so now that the predebut era is behind us what is the definitive ranking of the solo songs? ima go with

eclipse>new>singing in the rain>vivid>egoist>let me in>heart attack>kiss later>everyday i love you>love cherry motion>one & only>around you