Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

K-Pop (The Comeback Thread) Genre

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by StepsInADance, Mar 31, 2016.

1. StepsInADance Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2019)
    StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

what's poppin in the idol world
    bts - boy with luv
    got7 - eclipse
    nct 127 - superhuman
    red velvet - zimzalabim
    stray kids - side effects
    chungha - snapping
    g-idle - uh oh
    gfriend - fever
    nct dream - boom
    itzy - icy
    baekhyun - un village
    exo-sc - what a life
    cix - movie star

upcoming releases
    oh my girl - fall in love - repackage - aug 5th
    seventeen - hit - single - aug 5th
    trcng - rising - single - aug 5th
    fanatics - the six - mini album - aug 6th
    jbj95 - spark - mini album - aug 6th
    in2it - run away - single - aug 7th
    rocket punch - pink punch - mini album - aug 7th
    weki meki - week end lol - repackage - aug 8th
    vinii - dimension - mini album - aug 19th
    oh hayoung (apink) - oh! - mini album - aug 21st
    x1 - quantum leap - mini album - aug 27th

justin. and popo like this.
  2. i'll sub. i'm still pretty intrigued by this "genre"? do we call it a genre? what makes k-pop "k-pop" other than being pop music based out of korea? or is that it?

3. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

I'm currently listening to Oh My Girl's new mini album. It's pretty good :)

4. StepsInADance

technically the genre encompasses any pop, rock, r&b, and hip-hop that comes out of korea. however kpop has become mostly defined by korea's idol culture. anything is welcome here but for the most part the term refers to idol groups.

5. StepsInADance

i havent heard it yet but im pretty optimistic, i like "closer" a good amount.

6. DeeZee Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    DeeZee

It's great, every song is good. I love k-pop, but I have a hard time listening to most albums without skipping, but their new one has no filler tracks.

7. popo

I'm starting to think that Solar from Mamamoo could be my soulmate. Or actually... maybe Sojung from Ladies Code.

I'm having a hard time deciding here, guys. Both of those women are gorgeous. (and have amazing vocals)

8. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I'm so on and off with K Pop. I get really into it for a while and then I don't listen to it for a year and am out of the loop with everything. I posted a lot in the old thread when it was first made and I was at the height of my love for the genre.

anything good come out in the past year or so in the same vein as SNSD or T-ara? I've been throwing on my old playlists lately and wouldn't mind hearing what I have been missing.

9. DeeZee

Maybe Cosmic Girls, they just debuted last month.

10. StepsInADance

for such a run of the mill cutesy song im impressed at how much i liked mo mo mo

also i plan on remaking the op a bit when i get back from out of town

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I will be following the thread, but probably not posting much, just as I did on AP haha

12. DeeZee

Same, I normally stay away from the super cute stuff, but it's a solid song.

13. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

I accidentally clicked on this thinking I wouldn't like it since I kind strayed away from the cutesy stuff, but I actually liked it. It reminds me of MIA-Paper Planes.

I was "mustachemaster" on the old site, glad you continued this thread.

DeeZee likes this.
  14. DeeZee

Their new EP is great. It's cute, but not offensively cute like some other groups lol

15. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

everything posted in here so far is exactly what I'm looking for haha. thanks!

DeeZee likes this.
  16. futures

I'm pretty excited to see a kpop thread on here as I've just recently got into it. I love GOT7's new mini. My copy of the serenity rose version came in on Saturday.

(Also hi, I was a member on ap.net for years but stopped actively posting back in 2008/9. Thought I'd give chorus.fm a try.)

17. StepsInADance

so produce 101 ended on friday and the 11 girls were picked, the one i continously voted for made it in 2nd place. also if any of you were dia fans chaeyeon from that group made it as well. here is their last performance which is the remaining 22 girls, an mv of this song with the final group will be released in a couple of days. the companies that ended up with girls in the group are jyp (1), jellyfish (2), fantagio (2), m&h (1), redline (1), pledis (2), mbk (1), starship (1)

18. DeeZee

Minzy left 2NE1. It's a shame, but YG didn't push her at all. Just wasted her talents.

19. StepsInADance

wow, wonder how that 3 member comeback will go over for them (if they even go through with it). doesnt seem like korea is ready to forget about bom's thing (which is dumb)

20. popo

The verses and pre-chorus in that song are pretty great. The chorus starts to wear on me after a bit, but it's still a solid track over all.
    I think I've heard one other song from them, and it didn't do a whole lot for me. But this new one kinda has me genuinely interested in checking out more of their singles/discography

21. DeeZee

They're my favorite k-pop group, but I think they should just disband. YG doesn't really care about any of his female acts. The Bom drug stuff is really dumb, South Korea just blows everything out of proportion.

22. StepsInADance

its a shame since their last two releases (missing you and crush) were the first i ever really enjoyed from them and think they are some of the best the genre has to offer. also unbelievable we still dont have any info on the new gg

23. futures

Has anyone been following the mess that's occurred since Produce 101 ended? These poor girls won this competition with little to show for it and now they are in this weird limbo where the agency won't/can't do much of anything with them as an act.

24. StepsInADance Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    StepsInADance

Well suppossedly because they are a product of mnet, the 3 main korean networks (kbs,mbc,sbs) had decided to keep them off their shows to not support their competition. The cable stations will have them on their shows though.

Also their companies most recent statement says that a decision still hasn't been made yet and that they're still in talks to have the group on the 3 big networks

edit: also i wouldnt say they have little to show for it, the show was huge and gave them crazy exposure and theyve been getting a good amount of cf deals which is what brings in the most money for idols.

25. StepsInADance

so sm is debuting their new boy group tomorrow, that should be pretty big. love the song in the teaser they put out a couple of months ago

ChaseTx likes this.