Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Timberlake Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

that's been JT's thing for a while. he's got a thing for preludes and interludes and extended outros and such.

2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Gotcha'. That's the only album of his that I've listened to. I noticed there was the radio version of Suit and Tie that was shorter so part of me thought a similar version of the album existed.

3. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I don't believe so. unless there are other edits for singles released from that album.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. irthesteve

And it seems to be called "Can't Stop the Feeling"

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Always down for some new Justin.

I wonder if anyone ever made a 20/20 version where they cut the intros and exits (barring Mirrors and Pusher Lover, those two I adore) and what those albums sound like.

Future Sex and Part 1 are nearly flawless pop albums.

7. Serh May 4, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Figured it'd be awhile until we got new JT. Good shit.

8. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Interesting that he's working with Max. I wonder if the whole album will be produced by him. Will be weird hearing a bunch of JT songs without Timbalands's recognizable imprint.

9. irthesteve

I'd be surprised if an entire album was produced by Max, I don't think he's ever done anyone's entire album. A few tracks though, very possible

10. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

If it happens, I hope the songs are better than "Drink You Away". That song is pure Nashville goodness, but the lyrics are very generic.

11. irthesteve

I'm a fan of that song

12. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Dang new song already is good news! Will Max produce the song or help with lyrics? Or both?

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I just hope he co-wrote some stuff with Chris Stapleton for this album (if there's an album).

14. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

This is just a single from the 'Trolls' movie coming out later this year, but he has also been in the studio with Timbabland and Pharrell working on a new album for this year.

I hope it's good and JT can get the Best Original Song Oscar next year. Then he'll just be a Tony away from an EGOT.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really want a new JT album.

16. SpyKi likes this.
  17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Sounded incredible at the CMAs. I feel like that warmer, live, raw feel that I'm drawn to for country is never going to come through on Timbo production. They're welcome to try though! Still spin 20/20 Pt 1 all the time.

18. Craig Manning

I think it's time for him to move on from Timbaland.

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

considering how bad 20/20 was, i agree! country probably isn't the right direction though. martin could work.

20. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

I agree, but he seems to really like him so idk if he ever will. Would love him to go with a Jack U/Diplo type of sound or the other direction with a full band sound like That Girl or Drink you away.

21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

the only contemporary sound i can see timberlake floating on is the tropical house wave. no way could he manage himself on most jack u productions.

22. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Yeah would love to hear him on the house wave stuff. Don't think Timbaland or even Pharell will take him that direction unfortunately

23. Craig Manning

I think him doing a country record would basically be full-band vintage soul, with maybe some Nashville influence and writers in there. It would probably sound a lot like the most recent Lake Street Dive album, in which case, Dave Cobb might be a good producer. I'm guessing he ends up doing a pop album with maybe some Nashville/Memphis influence, though. It's not going to sound like mainstream radio country, no matter what he does.

24. This is now my most anticipated release for 2016.

25. irthesteve

[​IMG]