Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (February 2, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 2, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Timbaland and Pharrell are from Virginia so obviously they're country

2. If Lit can go country, JT most definitely can.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

That was My first thought!

#CultureVultures amirite?!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Can we ban the word "country" from this thread until we hear some music?

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

no, this will be a Florida Georgia Line-esque vehicle to revitalize Chris Brown's career

Aaron Mook and beachdude42 like this.
  6. TMS2787

Trusted

Hell yes. I hope Justin will have his stage outfits designed by whoever did the tall guy from FGL’s New Years Rockin’ Eve outfit. That was fire.

kyle and beachdude42 like this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

He’s a “country boy from Tappahannock” after all.

electro haikus likes this.
  8. beachdude

Plot twist: The entire album is Chris Brown singing about his tractor gettin’ filthy.

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Chris Brown should be singing about how filthy his jail cell is

10. beachdude

Alright I’m done with the shitposting, I’m too excited about this to be cynical. I actually do think this is probably gonna be REALLY cool, just on account of everyone involved.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

James Fauntleroy with a writing credit on the single has me more hyped than anything else.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

y'all are some downers.

13. TMS2787

Trusted

I’m genuinely really, really excited for this. Unless Bruce comes out with an album in 2018 this is easily my most antipciated album of the year. I have been a fan of JT since the N’Sync days (never an once of shame or felt “guilty” over it). I bought Justified the first day it came out and saw him live three times in 2013. Dude just makes bangers and is talented. I was just bummed on the “backlash” in other places when no one has even heard anything from it but some short clips in the album announcement. I think this is going be pretty awesome. Timbo did great work on both parts of 20/20 but I missed JT and The Neptunes / Pharrell. I’m excited to hear what they cooked up.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. call me crazy but i think most of the "backlash" and country memes just came from that silly-ass video and not the actual clip of music attached to it. not sure how anyone could hear that and actually think he's delivering a full-on country(-pop) album

kyle and beachdude42 like this.
  15. beachdude

I agree with you. I’ve always thought he’s just a really talented guy who makes great songs, I’m excited for what’s coming next.

16. beachdude

Yeah, I’m excited but I also can’t resist some good meme/shitposting material.

kyle and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. same. the video definitely, definitely warrants some of it

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

Imgur Image

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. beachdude

Also sorry @Aaron Mook it took me like 5 tries to properly embed that gif in my post lmao

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. beachdude

R u guys ready for the nature-themed country smash “Timber By the Lake”

Sorry I couldn’t resist more shitposting, I tried

irthesteve and kyle like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's truly alarming to me how quickly a narrative can start online with next to nothing to base it on.

(Like shit post away in this thread that's not what I'm saying - just kind of frightening how quick people bandwagon on things and assume they know stuff they really don't.)

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Wow, I don’t think Danja’s worked with Timmy since their heyday in the late 2000s. Also, Tim hasn’t channeled roots music since Bubba Sparxxx’s “Delivery,” which was surprisingly good. Hope he can bring that back again.

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. TMS2787

Trusted

I forgot that Timbo and Bubba did a lot of work together early on. Hell, I forgot about Bubba. Going to fire up Ugly right now.

Zilla and beachdude42 like this.
  25. schackbr

Regular

i have almost the exact same gif on my desktop right now. for whatever reason that portion of the video made me laugh so hard.

with that being said, there's pretty much nothing that won't get me excited for a JT album. similar stories as the one above. bought Justified the second it came out and never looked back.

the story behind "Gone" is really incredible too for those who haven't heard it. was originally written for Michael Jackson and he thought MJ rejected it...called him later and he MJ wanted to do it. watch the video below.

beachdude42 likes this.