Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (February 2, 2018) Album • Page 48

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Philll

Trusted

2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Agree on all points. The clip of Ed McMann interviewing her while she was on that talent show as a child or whatever was particularly revolting for me.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

And here we are in 2021 and we STILL haven’t found the weapons of mass destruction!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

sometimes I think it's better that I was mostly young and oblivious to the Bush presidency as it was happening.

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

That honestly sounds like something Bieber would say.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm pretty sure Janet Jackson made similar comments.
    And rightfully so. America was in the midst of invading a country and starting a war over a lie, and all the media wanted to focus on for months was a wardrobe malfunction that lasted a half of a second on tv.

Also today I learned that "nipplegate" was the reason why Youtube was created.

7. irthesteve

expand on this for me, haha

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Serenity Now likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Similarly, JLo’s Versace dress at the 2000 Grammys is why we have Google image search

Serenity Now and ryan.conde like this.
  10. irthesteve

beachdude, Meerkat and JamesMichael like this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

not clear but it’s two pages

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Damn that's crazy I really thought he was gonna wait out the scrutiny. Glad he said something

13. Philll

Trusted

As far as these things go it's not a terrible statement. But as he says, its a first step. Let's see what the second is.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not a terrible statement but...why is this always the case?

Imgur Image

ryan.conde likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Imo the fact that him and Britney seem to have privately reconciled a while back says more than this public apology does. Ultimately she's the one who was wronged, not the public, and if she forgives him I'm willing to bet he likely changed behind-the-scenes as well... and I think making it right with the actual person wronged is far more important than us having to know every detail.

JBoch, btr, bobby_runs and 2 others like this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

How do we know they privately reconciled? Not doubting you but I can't seem to find anything about that.

17. beachdude

Britney Spears and Ex Justin Timberlake Have Instagram Exchange About Breakup

They've had a handful of other interactions like this over the last year or so on social media. Now obviously it's possible they're just being polite but they certainly seem to be on better terms. Also, obviously anything from these gossip mags should be taken with a grain of salt, but she doesn't seem to want her fans attacking JT:

Britney Spears 'Does Not Hold a Grudge' Against Ex-Boyfriend Justin Timberlake

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm obv a big Britney fan and was super into pop culture and celeb stuff at that time and I'm glad the doc highlighted how cruel the media was to her. I remember perez hilton like placing bets on when she'd die. The doc didn't mention that was also the time when upskirt photos of female celebs were v popular and there were several of Britney, and also of miley cyrus when she was still a minor. The one thing I didn't know about was the family feud category. That was so blatantly mean-spirited. I always post this, but I respected craig ferguson so much for this

I'm glad justin apologized decently. I think britney forgave him a while ago but it's still important for him to put that out there

Crisp X, Contender, Serh and 11 others like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow I've never seen that Ferguson clip before, that was great. Very uncomfortable, though, at the parts where he is trying to be sincere and the crowd is laughing.

20. Kiana

When the audience laughs after he emphasizes how Anna nicole smith is dead and he's like ... It's not a joke wtf is so awkward. Gerard way also defended Britney's head shaving at the time, altho he was a bit more ~edgy about it than craig

skogsraet likes this.
  21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

[Takes a hit, holds it in] Cameras man, they do weird things to us. Turn em off! [exhales]

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I was surprised neither that nor Chris Crocker's infamous "leave Britney alone" were touched on. Maybe they thought it'd give more dignity & respect to just not go there?

23. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

OMFG I completely forgot he did this lol

The ‘[claps her hands, as if for a dog who performed a trick]’ always takes me out

24. Kiana

I was waiting for that as well as some of the messier pap moments but maybe they didn't want to bring those to light as much to not highlight her low points in a salt in the wound way? But the pink wig with british accent phase was missing, as well as when she'd just be crying on the streets and the paps would film it. Or when she found out jamie lynn was pregnant from the paps. I actually expected jamie lynn to be mentioned more

6fbb4fca8c3b3e453a99e8c34c6a17c6--jamie-lynn-spears-best-quotes-ever.jpg

25. beachdude

It’s still wild to me how much JT seems to have fallen off in terms of buzz/public interest. Even in MOTW era when a lot of people were clowning on him, he was still being discussed a lot and did decent numbers. Now it feels like there’s very little buzz around whatever he’s gonna do next… I don’t think it’s a Robin Thicke-level drop-off yet, but it’s still noticeable.

I’m still a big fan and think he’s really talented… but imo he needs a HUGE hit single to start off his next era, whenever that happens. Something to remind people of his best work and his talent. If he doesn’t have a big comeback on his next album, I think he’s gonna be a legacy act pretty quickly, instead of someone who’s a relevant mainstream star still.