Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (February 2, 2018) Album • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 2, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

HYPE

2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

beachdude likes this.
  3. beachdude

Pretty solid. Justin's hook is easily the best part though.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I'd rather just have a full song version of the hook, not a Meek fan at all

beachdude likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Well, the Trolls World Tour track list was just revealed, and it looks like a lot of the teased collabs are on here.... maybe we aren't any closer to a JT album than we originally thought.

That being said, I hope some of these are jams and not just kids movie songs :/

1. The Other Side (SZA & Justin Timberlake)
    2. Trolls Wanna Have a Good Time (Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, James Corden, Ester Dean, Icona Pop, Kenan Thompson & The Pop Trolls)
    3 Don’t Slack (Anderson.Paak & Justin Timberlake)
    4. It’s All Love (Anderson.Paak, Justin Timberlake, Mary J Blige & George Clinton)
    5. Just Sing (Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Anderson.Paak & Kenan Thompson)
    7. One More Time (Anthony Ramos)
    8. Atomic Dog World Tour Remix (George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Anderson.Paak & Mary J Blige)
    9. Rainbows, Unicorns, Everything Nice (Walth Dohrn & Joseph Shirley)
    10. Rock & Roll Rules (HAIM & Ludwig Goransson)
    11. Leaving Lonesome Flats (Dierks Bentley)
    12. Born to Die (Kelly Clarkson)
    13. Trolls 2 Many Hits Mashup (Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, James Corden, Icona Pop & The Pop Trolls)
    14. Barracuda (Rachel Bloom)
    15. Yodel Beat (Ludwig Goransson)
    16. I Fall to Pieces (Sam Rockwell)
    17. Perfect for Me (Justin Timberlake)
    18. Rock You Like a Hurricane (Rachel Bloom)
    19. It’s All Love (History of Funk) (Anderson.Paak, Mary J Blige & George Clinton)
    20. Just Sing (Trolls World Tour) (Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, James Corden, Kelly Clarkson, George Clinton, Mary J Blige, Anderson.Paak, Rachel Bloom, Kenan Thompson, Anthony Ramos, Red Velvet, Icona Pop & Sam Rockwell)

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I listened to most of Man of the Woods again this week for the first time in forever, and honestly it's not as bad as I remembered.
    Montana, Sauce, Midnight Summer Jam and Say Something are all jams.

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  7. irthesteve

That's what I've been saying!!!! Other than the two lead singles, the album is pretty solid. I'm going to listen again today and take my own advise, take the two singles out of the tracklist and see how it flows.

manoverboard365 and beachdude like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It’s not that bad. It’s like a 6.5 that everyone thinks is a 0

beachdude likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't think it's terrible. I should listen again but off the top of my head, I really loved Supplies, Sauce (I think), Higher Higher, Say Something was good imo. I don't remember much of the back half. But I think Waves is in the running for worst song i've ever heard, i loathe that song.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The original Trolls soundtrack is better than Man of the Woods

11. irthesteve

the fuck? I actually slogged through that soundtrack once and half of it is cover songs, sang in the style of actual trolls singing. It is TERRIBLE

beachdude likes this.
  12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I thought supplies was a jam. Just didn't fit on this album.

beachdude likes this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Filthy actually has a really cool bass line, it had potential to be such a great song.

beachdude likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I agree here.

Also agree here, but the "haters gonna say it fake, so real" repetition is really what kinda kills it for me. Otherwise it's a solid jam, but again, fits weird on this album

beachdude likes this.
  15. beachdude

HELL no lol

Yeah that's honestly the biggest issue with the album for me... there are some strong songs, but it's very inconsistent and conceptually it's a total mess.

irthesteve likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

been over a year and a half at least the last time i played this in full, and since then i've played fs/ls twice and 20/20 4-7 times depending on the track

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i got no desire to even see if this isn't as bad as i previously found it. feel like the best thing that i can do with it is let it be lost to time and focus on when he shined

SpyKi likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

The biggest let down of this record is when that really cool Hers interlude starts, but then leads into that terrible Flannel song.

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Well at least it's funny and makes you feel something, which is a lot more than you can say about MotW lol.

20. beachdude

I disagree. There’s several songs on MotW I’d take over anything on the Trolls soundtrack, and I still think the best tracks are pretty strong. Don’t get me wrong though, overall the album is pretty mediocre.

21. irthesteve

hard false

GrantCloud and beachdude like this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

23. irthesteve

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow Paak is all over that Trolls album, good for him

beachdude likes this.