Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Courtney Pierre - In the Drink (October 12, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Jul 31, 2018.

1. He already confirmed it

irthesteve likes this.
  2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This whole thing hasn’t clicked w me quite yet but “Undone” immediately made me feel a whole slew of emotions the way MCS used to.

Also, everyone should keep an eye on the upcoming Lydia Liza record Non Compos Mentis; she’s playing in Justin’s band on this tour and is awesome in her own right

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Also, enough time on the road to dive back into the MCS discog, loving Go a lot first listen in probably 4 yrs or so. Heavy shit but very effective

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I like this album quite a bit because Justin is just a tremendous songwriter. But you really miss MCS on it. He's not an overly interesting guitarist and he's a pretty middling bass player, so the songs never pop like you know they could.

Cody likes this.
  5. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I really like this, the singles didn't wow me but after listening to the whole album it's grown on me a lot

AWasteOfATime and popdisaster00 like this.
  6. I’m gonna call out Moonbeam for being a really great song

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I think undone is my favorite so far but I'm so overwhelmed with albums right now that I need more time to digest

8. I was pretty underwhelmed by this unfortunately

9. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I second this. Undone and In The Drink are the only tracks I'll likely find myself revisiting..

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think this is really good. I don't think it sounds as much like MCS as some people are saying. I couldn't really see them ever releasing something like this, but I also get where the comparisons come from. Undone and Goodnight Hiroyuki particularly stand out as sounding very different to me. I'd love to see him go in those directions in the future, particularly Undone. The horns on that are great. I'm a Liar is a fantastic song. I think Ready Player One is probably my least favorite. Excited to see this all translated live.

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think its basically just a MCS record with less production and weight. Loving how short it is and how free of pressure it feels. Definitely needs more listens though.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Haha, I love how he calls out the author for rewriting his statements. He seems chill about it, but I think it's really funny.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

:teethsmile:

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah I havent been a fan of that dude's writing style, his reviews do very little for me...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

semi related?: I was in Gainesville for Fest this weekend and found/bought the entire Farewell Continental catalog on vinyl for like $20. Going to listen to that very weird band this week.

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Justin didn't seem like pissed or anything, just was a weird read haha. I've also done phone interviews and they can be kind of weird to transcribe sometimes.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m so excited to see him Thursday. I’m glad I’m the first show cus I always look at setlists before but now I have to be surprised. I’m really curious to see what non In the Drink songs he does.

Joe4th, irthesteve and JRGComedy like this.
  18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah i wonder if he'll do i am the movie front to back or i am the movie front to back and my dinosaur life front to back with bonus tracks

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’d probably guess both

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Sooner is such a good song. Actually the stretch of I'm A Liar to Shoulder the Weight is probably my favorite part of this album, but I really love the whole thing.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

He posted his own set lol So much for being surprised but....

We are getting FOUR whole Farewell Continental songs??? Amazing, I thought it'd be like 1 or 2. And very excited to see Would You Kindly included on here. Even more pumped now.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Zero MCS songs is very surprising to me

Bryan Diem likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think he's just leaving those ones as a surprise because he knows anyone going to this is already gonna know whichever ones he plays (I mean I'm sure he's gonna do the big ones). He said this was to get people familiar with what they might not know. He's specifically said multiple times he will be playing them, so no way he doesn't. With 4 FC songs, I'm guessing he also does at least 4 MCS songs. 4 would round the set out to an even 20.

Larry David, Joe4th and popdisaster00 like this.
  24. You got it

Joe4th likes this.