Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Bieber Tops the Charts • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2021.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m saying white people have no business saying it and Justin had no business saying it when he was a kid either, which is exactly why he was heavily criticized when that came out. Literally no one is saying otherwise, however, you are comparing the two and one has not done anything like that since, that we are aware of, in his adulthood. I can promise you no one here is going to go to bat for Bieber being an unproblematic person. But a 27-year-old grown ass man saying that word then turning it into a sob story about his alcoholism is completely different, especially considering him and his entire fanbase doubled down on what he did as if it was nothing. That’s not cancel culture, that’s literally requiring bare minimum accountability that has not yet been taken.

Zilla likes this.
  2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

First you can start with Alexi McCammond. But clearly if you don’t know you are only taking in news that fits your narrative because everyday it seems someone wants to bring up old tweets and Facebook comment. Google fired for tweets and plenty of names come up. Gilbert Goddfried, James Gunn

3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

LOL fucking Gilbert Gottfried.

And James Gunn was immediately hired to film another blockbuster and then rehired by Disney. So cancelled. I wish someone would cancel me by giving me high paying jobs.

And, for the record, apparently "lots" means 3.

Fucking clowns up in here.

Brent, Anna Acosta and Zilla like this.
  4. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Your the clown. I just named 3 that came to mind. I don’t care if Gilbert is relevant or not it doesn’t change the fact.

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Zoshchenko likes this.
  6. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I’m glad you have the maturity level of a 10 year old

7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Zoshchenko likes this.
  8. WasteSomeTime

Regular

9. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Folks, we got 4. Although, I will point out that this reporters story doesn't really qualify as there is no evidence the tweets he was fired for were "10-20 years old".

So, we are back down to 3.

*insert sad clown face*

10. WasteSomeTime

Regular

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha. Gilbert and Gunn - they weren’t teens. Holy shit.

tyramail likes this.
  12. WasteSomeTime

Regular

RaginCajun likes this.
  13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

if cancel culture is real then why is it so hard to cancel my comcast xfinity subscription????

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Hey friend.

I read your article. And, as far as I can tell, none of the 13 people in this article were fired for, as you claimed initially, stuff they did "10-20 years ago" while teenagers. (see below for original post)

Clown. Shit.

[​IMG]

ItsAndrew and Zilla like this.
  16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

scottlechowicz and Zilla like this.
  17. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

How was I worked up? I stated my opinion and you disagreed. I essentially said you actually have no room to argue my opinion since I'm assuming you're not a person of color. That's all.

18. RaginCajun Mar 30, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2021)
    RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

you're actually still going to bat for Justin. Still saying because he was a kid etc etc. It's not comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. You have two white people saying the N word. You can tell yourself whatever you want to make it okay for one vs the other. That's none of my business. But I'm just letting you know as a poc your way of justifying it is NOT cool. That's all.

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

How about they're both bad and saying "Cancel culture is a tricky thing" and agreeing with a person coming to this clearly in bad faith is also not a good look.

macbethfan, tyramail and Anna Acosta like this.
  20. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

coming from someone that practically told a black man to shut up and dribble...

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If that's your interpretation of what I was saying then I don't know what to tell you. I've never met you and had no idea of your skin color before saying that. I would never say that.

ItsAndrew and tyramail like this.
  22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You also don’t get to invalidate other POC’s feelings who may not share your same “he didn’t say it in a bad way” mentality. Bieber saying the N word is clearly not fucking cool, I don’t understand why you’re trying to make it seem like anyone is justifying what he said or disagreeing with that lol

23. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i'm a black man. strange to be assuming my race so that my words fit your narrative.

24. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

no one said this to you and you're embarrassing yourself. this is my last reply.

25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just giving you a heads up to never get in business with Sirius XM Radio.