Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justin Bieber - Justice (March 19, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I meant the group Justice. Shoulda realized that would be confusing lol

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

oh, yeah. I don't see any grounds for that suit to progress. The Justice trademark really only applies to specific circumstances, and I can't imagine naming the album Justice and having similar logos can be the basis for infringement. But these types of lawsuits are becoming more common as musicians are trying to find more ways establish precedent for more ownership over their material and brands.

3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Can you cut that list in half?

4. sawhney[rusted]2

Round 2:

Deserve you
    As I am
    Hold on
    Ghost
    Peaches
    Loved by you
    Anyone

not half but gives a taste of all of the different styles, outside of the slow songs

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. DarknessInRed

Regular

I just listened to the album yesterday, and it is way better than Changes. It's too early for me to say it's better than Purpose, but I definitely feel like this album should have been the true follow-up to it. I don't really get why he included the MLK Interlude, however. I think he had good intentions with it, and I'm glad he contacted MLK's family before he included it, but I don't think it fits with the album since most of the songs are love songs.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

Was bored so I resequenced and trimmed up the album a bit. Think this flows a bit better

Justice reworked

8. irthesteve

Yeah, as much as I personally don't think it fits.... at all, lol. If MLK's actual daughter is praising the inclusion, and she is saying positive things, her opinion matters infinitely more than my own

9. DarknessInRed

Regular

Yeah, I agree. I personally don’t think it fits, but I’m happy that he contacted MLK’s family and that his daughter supports it!

beachdude likes this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2 Mar 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2021)
    sawhney[rusted]2

Conceptually on the album, it really doesn’t work as you guys said lol. There’s just no thread for it narratively, unless he was trying to use Die for You as a double meaning for dying for his friends/brothers/allies?? Even then it still comes off like the Atlanta skit lmao

but in a time where kids don’t believe Helen Keller exist, him using his platform to elevate MLK and other POC's (through guest spots) voices, it’s a net positive.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude and jorbjorb like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

13. Lucas27

Trusted

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow that tiny desk concert is amazing.

beachdude likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

The band he's playing with totally killed that "anyone" performance. Love seeing Justin rock out with the band at the end too.

16. soggytime

Trusted

It's a Bieber album for sure. Which for me personally means, theres a couple skips but also some hits

17. sawhney[rusted]2

They’re called We the Band apparently. Love that section too, hope it closes out all of his shows from now on

18. SPine Mar 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2021)
    SPine

Trusted

I’d like to point out that Jon Bellion is a damn legend. He wrote/ co-wrote/ produced 7 songs on this. Holy was Jon’s song. There’s an audio recording of him performing it at an acoustic set.

EDIT: The Jon songs are:
    Holy
    Anyone
    Hold On
    Deserve You
    Die For You
    Ghost
    Loved By You

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I love the fact that he got a big paycheck and that the songs he gave away are so good. His next album is going to be a classic

beachdude and SPine like this.
  20. SPine

Trusted

Right, if these are the songs he gave away he must have some great stuff for his next album.

That being said, I really like Justice. Been on repeat since Friday. Think I like some of the features better on Changes but as a whole I like this one more.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I generally like this album and do like his older records but I don't think any of them are "classics" or he is capable of making a "classic" album but I guess we'll see.

Where does Justice rank in everyone's ranking of his discography?

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Right now I’m probably something like...

Believe
    Purpose
    Justice
    Journals
    Changes

Don’t know the earlier material as well.

23. irthesteve

I don't listen to him often, but I guess

Purpose
    Justice
    Changes
    Believe
    Journals

24. DarknessInRed

Regular

I would probably rank it:

1. Purpose
    2. Justice
    3. Believe
    4. Journals
    5. Changes
    6. My World 2.0

justice and believe could switch at any moment. Also, I was obsessed with my world 2.0 when he first came out (I was 8), but it’s not my thing anymore and I would only listen to it for nostalgia.

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I still maintain that Thought of You is his best song

Daniel182 likes this.