Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 77

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I guess my main argument is that, outside of Marvel Studios’ successful “Marvel Cinematic Universe” brand, “cinematic universes” don’t matter.

If it becomes a successful brand, it’s helpful, but if it becomes convoluted or whatever, it becomes a non factor. The focus then goes to individual films/series/characters/stars, instead of the bigger “universe.”

You can see that a little with Venom (even though it’s been seemingly retroactively tied to Spider-Man) & Joker. But, you can especially see that with Fox’s X-Men films.

For the films that didn’t work (especially after the Disney/Fox deal), the convoluted universe talking point was popular, but Logan & Days of Future Past had just as much convoluted continuity as Dark Phoenix. And, I don’t think New Mutants was much different from Deadpool or Legion in this specific regard, either. Had Disney not bought Fox, & had they moved on from Kinberg & continued the upward trend of picking stronger creative, they would’ve been fine.

2. oakhurst Nov 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2020)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It would be silly for Snyder to not already have plans for a potential sequel. Whether or not he gets to make it is the question

3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I would be fine with them relegating Snyder’s version of the Justice League story to a series. If it does well on Max and pulls in subscribers, why not let him continue to do it if the stars and fans both love it, and just continue to do whatever tf with the movies.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Someone hasn't seen the Tremors movies, I'm guessing.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Uhhhhh...

7. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Didn't they spend a ton of money to bring back actors and stuff? For 4-5 minutes of footage? lmfao

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So...the same trailer released in September but now it’s B&W?

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn’t have much desire to watch this but seeing Wonder Woman and Batflek again would be nice.

Watching that trailer made me realise that I remember pretty much nothing from the actual film which goes to show how unremarkable it was in my mind. I just remember it was a mess.

Is this going to be a mess too?

I wonder if there are plans for a UK viewing option?

12. Tim

Some shots in that black & white teaser look bad because the setting is too dark, leading to not nearly enough contrast. Other shots look really sharp. Since Snyder’s muted color palette choices often land in ugly territory, committing to that would actually probably be a slight net positive, lol. Especially since he goes to dark for any of the 4-color superhero iconography to hit anyways.

If he convinced WB/DC/HBO to put a black & white version up along side the regular... I’d probably give it a shot.

RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. Tim

Speaking of Snyder & aesthetic:

Jim Rugg (comic creator & cohost of Cartoonist Kayfabe on YouTube) has been on a big kick recently about calling out all-brown comic pages. This really is the film version of that.

I do prefer this Steppenwolf look because it’s less generic & more shamelessly eXtreme, but what a poor choice for a villain shot.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40, Joe, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Still can't stand Flash's suit and the CGI on Cyborg's body

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I wonder when we'll learn what actually went down on set and what remedial action was taken

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if I watch a 4 hour superhero movie I better die

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Finally Batman says fuck!!

smowashere and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  22. Tim

As a big fan of the theatrical experience, I’m glad to see Zack Snyder join the other filmmakers advocating for it amidst that HBO Max, COVID mess. Not super surprising, given how spectacle-driven he is (infamously to a fault) & his preference for his movies to be shot on film. But, still, good.

That being said, sitting in a theater for 4 hrs of this would destroy me, lol. Being able to see Snyder’s unfiltered take on Justice League in a series of smaller helpings is why I plan on checking it out.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Batman- I'm the fucking Batman
    Incels wearing Rick and Morty shirts- damn this is epic

24. Tim

DD2E1608-D9B3-4D4F-8A1F-6A205AC910F8.jpeg

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Man, Snyder just really gets these characters doesn't he