Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 76

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still can't believe they're investing so much money adding scenes to/reshooting a movie that is fundamentally dogshit instead of making something new.

I mean, I can believe it...but it's outrageous.

RyanPm40 and scottlechowicz like this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Some good news buried below the bad news, but not enough to outweigh the bad news. Removing the producers who allegedly created the toxic environment under Whedon, particularly for Ray Fisher, is good... so, like, why squander that good will by bringing in, of all people, famous creep Jared fucking Leto?

At least James Gunn has been vocal about his thoughts on Leto, so we probably don’t have to worry about him popping up in The Suicide Squad.

Colby Searcy, soggytime and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This is true. The Snyder-Bros I know absolutely loathe Leto’s Joker and Suicide Squad.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I guess twitter and some yahoo news article are losing their minds that Zack Snyder supports Biden hah

soggytime likes this.
  5. Tim

I mean, I can see how Snyder’s work would appeal disproportionately to conservatives, lol. Not surprising to me that there’d be MAGA folk in the Snyder Cut crowd, who’d be upset that the director they idolize opposes the president they also idolize.

coleslawed, Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh yeah I'm not very surprised, it was just an eye rolling Yahoo headline that popped up at the top of my Google News app xD

7. soggytime

Trusted

Lol Armond White in particular is very upset

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I mean, I definitely kinda assumed Snyder was a MAGA Chud so nice to be wrong

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wait so how the fuck is the Joker gonna fit into this

It really sounds like they're making an entirely new movie

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to squeeze Harley Quinn into this too

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If Snyder’s “vision” includes Jared Leto then he should’ve kept it to himself

Greg, RyanPm40 and TSLROCKS like this.
  12. Tim

Some people online are suggesting that Joker might’ve been part of Snyder’s early plans for the film, before DCEU backlash & studio response started shifting things. Based on how obsessed Snyder is with creating an extended version of his original vision, that’s the explanation for this stupid decision that makes the most sense to me. Probably a small Batman encounter early on and/or some relation to the Lex & Deathstroke subplot?

Makes me wonder, since the HBO Max Green Lantern series is green lit & featuring basically everyone (from Alan Scott to Jessica Cruz to Kilowog), & there was a Justice League test screening with a couple Lanterns showing up at the end... That’s gotta be part of this, too, right?

Anyways, speaking of online talk. Gotta love that I saw more people unhappy with more Amber Heard than with more Jared Leto. *sigh*

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My man

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

15. Tim

Back when “the Snyder Cut” was just a hashtag for weirdos, I remember there being talk of a deleted subplot where Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. Forget if that came from someone who saw a pre-Whedon test screening or some other source.

If he’s part of the reshoots, it sounds even more likely this little subplot is where Joker shows up.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

17. Tim

A comic podcast I listen to sometimes talks about how there are Big 2 stories they can enjoy as out of continuity stories, but would hate as the official version.

That’s where I’m at with Snyder’s DC at this point.

It has more missed than hits & is hard to sit through for too long, & even a well done version of what it’s going for isn’t remotely what I’d want out of DC. (See New Frontier for my ideal version of that universe.) But, as a weird, idiosyncratic alternate take, I can appreciate it as a valuable piece of the larger (crowded) superhero landscape.

xDumpweed182x and smowashere like this.
  18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

smowashere likes this.
  19. Tim

I know! I’m sorry! :pantherworried:

Outside of my sympathy for Snyder on a personal level (between his family tragedy & the age old “creative vision [bad as it may be] compromised by an abusive corporate machine” story), the biggest turning point in how I talk about his movies really is Disney buying Fox. I’m so much more forgiving of swings in the superhero genre that miss now, lol.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

His darkseid looks a little silly. He says he's planning out a sequel for some reason.

[​IMG]

21. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I think he thinks he's got a future in DC's cinematic plans, when it's looking more like the whole franchise is falling apart and rapidly heading for massive reboot territory.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Watch Snyder’s Justice League end on a cliffhanger for a S2.

coleslawed and Furry Werthers like this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

There’s no doubt in my mind it will.

24. Tim

I disagree.

Between the continuing cast members from this universe, the continuing CW-verse & television multiverse, The Batman, Joker, & the incorporation of Keaton’s Batman into Flash... there’s just no evidence of a looming “reboot.” If anything, it’s the opposite: They’ve abandoned their old strategy of chasing the Avengers model & fully embraced the freedom of the “multiverse”/“Elseworlds” approach.

Also, I don’t think Snyder believes he has a definitive future at DC, so much as he believes he has his foot back in the door & wants to capitalize on this opportunity.

He’s restoring & expanding his last film he never finished; he has Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, etc., on his side, along with a passionate online fan base; the producer regime that pushed him out doesn’t have the power it had a few years ago; &, there’s currently an approach to these properties at WB that means another project from him wouldn’t step on the toes of anything else in the works right now. (The only potential exception being Ava DuVernay & Tom King’s New Gods film, but even then, if they’re either similar enough or different enough, they can easily coexist.)

There’s never been a better time for him to tease sequel ideas, lol. And, depending on how his Justice League goes for the studio, even if it’s polarizing for general audiences... there’s a realistic chance he could negotiate at least one more DC project for himself.

smowashere likes this.
  25. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I don't disagree with anything you said, I just don't think the mess that is becoming DC's Cinematic Universe is gonna hold up. It's gonna become a big old convoluted and confusing mess. I'd love to be wrong, I'd like to look forward to DC on the big screen lol