Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 75

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

what would have been released in theaters had Whedon not taken over would have been “a” Snyder cut with lots of studio meddling.
    this sounds like it is going to be 100% (or as close as it can be) Snyder’s intended vision of this film, making it “the” Snyder Cut.

whether or not this is what people meant when they were demanding the release of the “Snyder Cut” is beside the point, because it’s what we’re getting, and most of those people seem stoked.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Lol damn didn’t realize so many people on here have gotten taken in by WB’s marketing strategy on this.

Pseudo! likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Y’know, there are a ton of other ways to critique and/or dunk on Snyder & his fan base.

Even the people telling you that you’re wrong are in some cases criticizing him in the process.

You don’t have to double down on some misguided, pedantic, inaccurate take, largely based on hypothetical arguments literally no one is making here.

You're allowed to just accept you were wrong about something. Especially something as dumb & meaningless as a comic book superhero movie.

4. Anthony_ Aug 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2020)
    Anthony_

likewise to you!

All I did was make an innocuous (and accurate) post about how this is not going to be the same version of the movie that Snyder would have released to theaters had he not left the project. Which is true. And the a bunch of people had to take issue with that because this is a post about a comic book movie on Chorus and so everything has to be a personal battle for the besmirched honor of a mediocre white dudebro comic book movie director. Not my fault that happened, though.

5. tvck

Trusted

jesus christ people.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am excited to see this version of the film and I think it is going to be a pretty good movie. I found the version of Justice League originally released in theaters to be a completely and utterly unwatchable mess, and I do think this version is going to be a significant improvement. I am by no means expecting a masterpiece or anything even close to be honest, but something akin to his Watchmen film. A stylized, well-shot, good looking and pretty fun movie that ultimately runs counter to probably literally every single thing I would want to see out of a story about these characters.

7. Anthony_

I certainly hope this Justice League miniseries version/expanded edition is better than the theatrical release was. I don't have high hopes given that no movie has ever been improved by adding more Zack Snyder footage to it, but stranger things have happened.

scottlechowicz and Brother Beck like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

9. Tim

Remember there being some discussion of whether or not they’d shoot anything new with the big stars when this was announced.

Glad he’s seemingly got 4 of the 6 stars in for that week or so of pickups. Even without making this an extended miniseries, I imagine effects, doubles, & editing only could’ve covered over so much without that additional photography all these kinda things always require. (Haven’t seen New Mutants yet, but one clip I saw online had really weird pacing that I imagine was from them never getting their pickups.)

Also, if I were Henry Cavill, I would show up on the first day with a mustache just to troll everyone before shaving, lol.

Alba and awakeohsleeper like this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So glad those actors are returning to do new scenes. Henry as Superman again, especially.

Alba likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol

scottlechowicz likes this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Tim

If you view that, with the original production costs (including Whedon work) & everything else, as one movie, then this has been a very costly movie.

If you view this as a 4-episode limited series using some very popular IP & a lot of big stars & special effects, that’s honestly a pretty good deal. Especially considering the demand from certain vocal fans & the curiosity from a lot of other people, & the way all these streaming platforms are competing for the biggest tv spectacles.

Guess it all depends on if you see this new project as different enough from what we got in theaters to be considered a type of “remake” instead of simply a traditional “extended cut” of a film.

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don't know if we'll know that until it airs. I don't foresee it being different enough to be worthwhile, mostly because it's largely Zack Snyder remaking a Zack Snyder movie. But if Whedon was abusive on set and Snyder gets to remake the project he was working on when he lost his daughter, I hope the cast and crew can make something they feel better about.

I just doubt it'll be any good.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

what

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

The worst goddamned people on the Internet are gonna love this news.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I thought the concept was they were trying to make this better

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Maybe he’ll show up and immediately get disintegrated by batmobile gunz.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

21. Anthony_

soggytime and Joe4th like this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

dumb

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

DAMAGED

24. LMAOOO

25. soggytime

Trusted

I thought even the Snyder-Bros hated this Joker?

This has to be a makegood for Leto's contract to just stick him in the Snyder Cut somewhere lol

But also: FUCK JARED LETO