Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 72

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Y not just unfollow this thread

2. I guess people are just morbidly curious about it, even though they'll probably hate it or not watch it. It is sort of a unique situation in terms of resurrecting a movie and putting this much money into it, unless I'm forgetting something obvious.

The Joker thread has managed to stick around and generate conversation despite most people not liking it and several saying it would be forgotten.

smowashere and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm actually still just very, very excited to see it. I never thought it would see the light of day in actuality, so the fact that it actually is coming out is extremely exciting to me, and I like almost everything I've heard about it so far, including that very long length.

I don't even really consider myself that big of a fan of Zack Snyder, but the version of Justice League that got released is one of the few movies that I have just shut off completely because I could not handle how much of an incoherent mess it is. I will usually try to tough it out and at least finish the movie, but I simply could not make it very far into this one. Awful on a truly astounding level considering the sheer amount of pro talent and hundreds of millions of dollars that went into this thing.

Long story short, I am simply and unironically excited to see Zack Snyder's version of Justice League.

sawhney[rusted]2 and BornToRun like this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm itching to hear what people think of it, and if it's mostly positive, I will definitely see it. For now though, I'm not hopeful and think it will be dumb. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Recently read Injustice over the weekend actually. Really enjoyed it.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I just can't imagine how much better a director's cut could possibly be. When I left the theater, I was not thinking about if the movie could be saved by an extended cut staying close to Snyder's vision

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Maybe if Snyder took the last couple years to read reviews of his movie and watch lots of great movies to try and understand the medium better, as well as understanding the id of his filmography and attempting to separate himself from it, then it'll be okay

Jusscali, smowashere and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Historically, I would have told you that I was a much bigger fan of Joss Whedon than Zack Snyder, but I still think I would almost always rather watch a film brought all the way through production by one filmmaker as opposed to the situation that we ended up with. Having Joss Whedon come in and do massive amounts of reshoots but still be beholden to the foundation of Zack Snyder's original film left us with a worst of both worlds type of situation. I don't think it was even possible to do what they attempted to do. The closest I can think of is Solo with Ron Howard but I believe with that one they pretty much filmed the entire movie all over again.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

smowashere and Brother Beck like this.
  9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh shit.

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I know there are contractual reasons for Ray not sharing more, but fuckk, I really want to know all the shit that has gone down.

Also, when he says reshoots, is he talking about reshoots for the Snyder cut? Or reshoots that occurred when Whedon first took over?

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I don't think Johns is involved anymore so I would think Whedon's reshoots

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Also what does that A>E mean?

14. Accountability > Entertainment? I think I read that somewhere today.

Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. Serh Aug 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that's what i thought it was, especially since he tweeted that some time ago

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Makes sense, thanks!

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

o wow

19. tvck

Trusted

20. Serh