Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Pretty much. Don't think I'll see one of them in the cinema until Snyder is dropped.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  2. Jason Tate Aug 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2016)
    People were fired over The Hobbit? To the point where they couldn't make house payments?

Edit: Just looked, the company is hiring right now. :-/

3. Pretty sure The Hobbit made just over a billion. Didn't know that was considered a failure.

4. Yeah, the trilogy did almost $3bn worldwide. (The movies definitely were not very good, but ... I don't think Peter Jackson is to blame for anyone being fired.)

5. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, I don't know the inner-workings of Warner Bros. I know they laid off a bunch of people. I think the point about Zack Snyder is completely correct, though. I do not think the man has a vision that exceeds high velocity action, which can be good, without completely distorting a film's vision. As I said elsewhere, gritty, action-packed films can be good, but there has to be a decent infrastructure built around them,eg, Nolan's first two batman films. Snyder has no such skill.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd honestly rather have Max Landis take over creative than have Snyder. And I don't like Landis.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I wouldn't go that far.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Tim like this.
  8. God no.

9. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

what the fuck.

10. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Nolan probably would have been better. But, if we are choosing people to handle the DC universe, I'd say Guillermo Del Toro might do a good job. Also, Darren Aronofsky.

11. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

I'm not convinced Aronofsky is a consistent enough auteur to handle a franchise like this. Or a good filmmaker at all, for that matter. Certainly better than Snyder but who wouldn't be.

My choice would be Jeff Nichols. Would absolutely love that but it would never happen.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I am thinking The Fountain-era Aronofsky.

EngineDown likes this.
  13. I kinda want George Miller. But if WW or solo Bats is good those directors are better than Snyder.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  14. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

George Miller is definitely a choice candidate.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

An Ava DuVernay Justice League or Superman film, with a script cowritten by Geoff Johns, would be heaven. I wonder how realistic that would be. I'd also never say no to George Miller.

16. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

George Miller for Superman would be a dream come true.

17. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha. I definitely was going to throw Ava Duvernay's hat in the ring. Marvel has been so good about getting great directors on their roster. If DC did the same sort of work, they'd have little problem making good films.

18. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Ava DuVernay would be good for Green Lantern I think. She is disciplined enough to tell, what I think, is a very difficult origin story to tell.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think they rejected GDT's JLD film because he didn't have a realistic budget. They are going to use elements of his story for the animated film. Who knows how that will turn out.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I have full confidence in the WW film. I am very excited to see it.

Tim likes this.
  22. Yeah, Wonder Woman is the first DCEU movie that doesn't raise any red flags for me.

Looks very exciting.

Tim and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

He should return with both the black costume and a beard.

[​IMG]

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

But he is ded

Davjs likes this.