Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Nic Cage, please.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can I be Superman?

3. Greg

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this actually got me. god dammit.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Just because ONE of their films underperformed?

6. primavera

fake account, y’all

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, I'm dumb

8. Greg

Article is pretty convincing. Lists lots of sources.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. primavera

i already clicked it before you said this so screw off

airik625 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. flask

Trusted Supporter

This was extremely ok.

11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Super underwhelmed. That was so disappointing. I went in expecting a decent showing too.

12. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Well, that film was just a big meh. Yet I dread the idea of yet more reboots/recasting.

billyboatman likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

$93.8 million.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I still can’t believe a film with Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman couldn’t break $100 million it’s first weekend, but a film with Thor and Hulk could.

15. drewinseries

Drew

What was it?

16. primavera

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ken likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty interesting read from Forbes about what the future could look like for the DCEU and Warner.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sites that block content for adblockers suck.

(which certainly includes the one I posted)

Eric Wilson likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I may not know how this stuff works, but isn't just one week in too close to call it a bomb, flop, making WB lose money, ect.

I'd think it would have still continue to do money box office wise until Star Wars.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  21. drewinseries

Drew

This all breaks my heart.

Davjs likes this.
  22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I would hope it would continue to make enough to warrant it a "success" over the next few weeks. This week could help with everyone being out of school, work, etc. I really enjoyed it, and would love to see more from it.

Davjs likes this.
  23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

They have enough data, at this point.

Based on on tracking information, reviews, etc., analysts have a good idea of where this film will end up financially.

How much it lost for WB depends on how much it cost them, which is just an educated guess at this point.

If it’s really bad, something tells me that information will come out during an earnings call for the parent company.

a nice person and Davjs like this.
  24. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Yeah, it is straight up abysmal at my theatre. Wonder out performs it every day.

Davjs likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

saw this again, liked it more but its really just a good movie that needed to be a fantastic movie. ended up liking Cyborg the most out of all of them.

its weird that this movie acts like BvS didnt happen or that it was completely different or something. Like, this Superman is what I wanted Superman to be like but this is very clearly not the same Superman from the last two films as far as how he acts and his moral compass is concerned. His interaction with Cyborg after they both tried to collapse that device was cute and even if it was kind of lame I got a kick out of him mocking Batman in their fight by saying "Do you bleed?". Also Wonder Womans "Children....I work with children" while Cyborg and Supes laugh was really endearing and it gave me huge flashbacks to the original JL show. I just wanted MORE of those moments, more scenes that made me go "that is SO Flash" or "yep thats exactly how id expect Cyborg to react to that" or "awwww yeah that was such an Aquaman moment". The ending where Supes asks Bruce how he got his parents house back from the back and Bruce pats him on the back and says "I bought the bank" was just a sweet moment and I liked that Bruce felt he was "undoing a mistake".

The Green Lantern easter egg also has me hyped because the way its shot and the way that ring flies away makes me think theyre setting the seeds for a new GL. I also liked that WW hints at more JL members at the end of the movie.

Joe4th and Davjs like this.