Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. I’d bet on a Marvel movie every time ...

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was aggressively fine. I liked a lot about it, didn't like a lot about it, just middle-of-the-road in every way. Definitely better than MoS, BvS, and SS, but still nowhere near as good as Wonder Woman.

CoffeeEyes17 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This was decent enough for me. First time I've really liked Superman in a film. Wonder Woman was my favorite. Aquaman wasn't as cool as I predicted he'd be. Why did he sound like he was in a western half the time? Hoping he's better in the standalone. Flash film should be fun with Ezra.

4. Davjs Nov 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2017)
    Davjs

Trusted

I really loved this. It started a little slow but picked up after the team got together, which was a lot sooner than I expected. I'm happy they wasted no time getting to what everyone wanted.

I also really loved the way they handled Superman's return. There was some legit suspense and I'm glad they kept it all out of the trailers.

Speaking of trailers, I would say even more than half of the footage from all the trailers aren't even in the movie. I really hope we get some kind of extended cut since obviously so much was left out.

drewinseries likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

One if the things I have a love/hate relationship feeling with is the opening Batman scene. It was so incredible to see Batman move like that, reminded me of the animated series where he is so fast and moves all around people.

But then the parademon fight was strange....and he seemed to know that they feed off fear like he has been hunting them for a bit.....but then I thought he mentions to Alfred that he's never seen one before.

I would have loved another Warehouse style fight scene (esp since this may be the last Batfleck movie). I think it would have worked a lot better to opened with Batman stopping another group of bad guys from doing "fill in the blank", a another huge great arkham style fight scene and then a parademon shows up because of it, which is Batman's first experience with one.

6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i’d be down for maybe 45 minutes of affleck or whatever in the batman and then him getting killed off, if they establish maybe Gyllenhaal as a grown up Robin/Dick Grayson to take over. just a plain recasting is always dumb and weird

but that would be kinda convoluted and require more dumb exposition dumps with the Robin suit thing from BvS

7. drewinseries

Drew

Ugh, I really hate the idea of Batman not being Bruce.

Davjs likes this.
  8. primavera

his age has been a major theme of this iteration. we’re just gonna recast someone a decade younger and be totally cool with him pretending to be some beaten down bruce?

9. drewinseries

Drew

I'd take that over it not being Bruce, honestly. I still think the best way to do it is have Reeves' triology be pre-BvS, and taken place in a timeline altered due to Flashpoint. That way, in newer JL films, that's the Bruce everyone knows, and we get his back story. The burden is on Barry of crossing timelines.

10. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed, I left wanting more and I feel like they have everything now in a place that most people wanted the DCEU to be from the start. I really do hope we end up getting more and get to Darkseid with these characters and world that has been built.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really curious to see what the box office drop off is for this week

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

So I watched it and it's kinda like the Power Rangers movie for me where they assembled a team that I can at least root for so... yay?

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Also I wish Batman through more exploding batarangs like in the Justice League series.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Out of all the JL, saddly Batman was my least favorite overall in this. Not a knock on Ben or Batman, that's just how good I thought everyone else was. Cyborg was so much better I thought he was going to be. I wish we got more of him, esp since almost every single scene in the marketing for him was left out.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Biggest movie opening this week is Coco. Not sure how much competition that'll give it. People are still seeing Thor, though, so that could further eat into JL's share of the market.

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You enjoying this movie brings me more joy than I expected, lol.

What are your thoughts on :superman: in the third act? Did he bring you as much joy as he did me?

Really? I feel 110% the opposite. This straight up hit the ground running with almost no explanation of anything going on. Which, I didn't mind, since it's not a particularly complex plot, lol. But, like, of all the good and bad things that I could say about the first act, that's the last one that'd ever cross my mind.

Gyllenhaal is too old to be an adult Dick Grayson. And, there's no way they'd do this. It wouldn't be that complicated for general audiences to work in the same world with a new lead actor, especially if they keep Irons and Simmons.

I still love the idea of Batman not being Bruce. lol. It won't happen and wouldn't work without some time to establish Nightwing, but I'd be all in for that.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

I feel like we tend to disagree fairly, but with a strong love for this medium.

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

At least you ended up being right about me liking how Superman was handled in this (after the initial clumsy revival, which was just something that they kinda had to get out of the way, so whatever).

drewinseries likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

20. Davjs

Trusted

I miss spoke. My problems with the first few scenes weren't that they were slow, just mishandled and a little corney/rushed.

I explained above how I felt about the Batman scene and what I think would have worked better. I think the WW introduction scene could have been a little cooler and her "I'm a believer" line was super corny. I do like a lot how the team got together pretty quickly though and then I have really no complaints from that point on.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really liked this, especially Superman.

I still think it has some bad writing and some awkward CG/action scenes but overall it was enjoyable. I really like the cast and look forward to what's coming next.

drewinseries likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Estimate keeps dropping. Down to $94 million. Up to $185 in foreign markets. I'm wondering what the actual budget was with reshoots and advertising.

This is probably selling a fuck load of toys, so nothing matters.

23. Tim

You know who I randomly realized today would make a perfect Superman?

Oscar Isaac.

Someone make that happen, please. (No offense to Henry Cavill, who I really like and who deserves at least one really good solo Superman film before calling it quits.)

24. Or jake johnson or david krumholtz then

SpyKi likes this.
  25. primavera

sure, jason segel for superman while we're at it