Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Nick and DeviantRogue like this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seriously tho why is Cyborg part of the Justice League

aware he is in nu52 but it's still super dumb. Super super super dumb.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  3. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Cyborg is a fun character, but I never really enjoyed his inclusion in the Justice League with the new 52. His bromance with Beastboy is one of my favorite relationships in comics. He needs someone like that to bounce off of, and not be a total brooding mess.

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Cyborg was one of the best parts of the New 52 run. The Grid was really good.

Henry likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What is it that you want out of him?

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Also, Cyborb's solo book is daf

7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Idk what thread to do this on, I'm not familiar with comics at all, but i was reading about the mother box thing in this movie and I instantly thought of the All-Spark from Transformers and then the Tesseract from the Marvel movies.

I mean I know they aren't the same, but they are all very similar as kind of this nebulous box that has an indefinite source of energy and unlimited creation powers. Trying to think of their archetypal symbolism (if there is any) to reality. Only thing I can think of is the worlds constant fight to find its own energy source to substitute the limited fossil fuels and such.

Anybody have any other thoughts?

8. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

I hate that I get excited for these movies as I look forward to the characters, but knowing the plot is basically a 2hr long recruitment video with a Chicken Little theme makes me slightly groan.

Also, it seems very odd from a marketing stand point that they would include Superman at all. It's like they really hate generating discussion or mystery about the reveal everyone knows will eventually happen.

9. Will Montei

I believe the archetype stems from Pandora's box. You could take that symbolism all over the place, but I believe with these movies they're simply trying to allude to a lust for power. And of course, that power ends up being destructive. It's lame and not very creative.

10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

yeah definitely not. Yea the Pandora's box was my first thought too, but I didn't really know the mythology behind it. For some reason I thought opening Pandora's box meant there was endless possibilities haha Just read up on it and definitely makes it more comparable. The curiosity or temptation to know and possess whats in the box, which unleashes evil into the world. The All-spark created transformers and gave life. The Tesseract was an unlimited source of power and could provide gateways to other places in the universe.

Basically bad guys all want power, they lust for the box, they open its powers, and evil arises out of it. Evil transformers from the All Spark, teleporting aliens from another part of the universe, etc...

And all the good guys want to keep the bad guys away from more power. Three separate imagined universes using the same concept does kind of suck.

11. Updated logo.
    jllogo.jpg

12. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

sure

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  13. Critics say: 25%

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Tim like this.
  15. *Cinemablend clickbait title* Is Justice League actually a musical? Here's what we know.

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

tbh justice league being a musical is just about the only thing that would get me excited for another Zack Synder DC film.

17. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

batman flying around the world recruiting members for his new underground rock band. give it to me please.

18. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

The good thing about Justice League is that it essentially has 4 weeks with no stiff competition until Star Wars comes out on 12/15.

Wonder Woman might have a little bit of tough run. It has The Mummy reboot coming out the following weekend, Cars 3 the weekend after that, and the Transformers 5 the weekend after that. So it really only has 1 week to itself unless The Mummy moves.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

matthaber likes this.
  20. I feel like no matter what this movie is in trouble critic wise. I bet half the reviews are already written.

Davjs, Chummel and Letterbomb31 like this.
  21. KimmyGibbler

Which half though? The ones bashing it or the ones praising it?

22. From the perspective of most critics, the DCEU is has been built upon the foundation of 3 bad films so far, so it's not likely that JL could somehow be good. Although, I think a lot of them enjoy what they've seen of Batfleck and Wonder Woman, so who knows.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Honestly I want this to be good, but I just don't trust Snyder at all. Will give him the benefit of the doubt tho.

did that with BvS too

24. KimmyGibbler

I've decided not to buy anymore presale tickets for DC films until they make a good one. I am waiting to hear the consensus before spending the money.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  25. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

"Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie called Batman V Superman only having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directing Justice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I’m assuming you yourself haven’t been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments."

Alleged Ex- Warner Bros. Employee Goes Off On Company’s Super-Sized Failures In Open Letter

Cameron, SteveLikesMusic and Nick like this.