Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

When you just finished reshoots not too long ago, probably.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Smart. Hope he cuts The Joker if he's there at all.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Sure?

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Thanks for the response.

GrantCloud and Cameron like this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Have there been rumors of Jared being in justice league?

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Generally finishes 2 months before release. Can run longer or shorter depending how smooth production and pre pro was. It’s not huge red flags for a film of this size to be running close because of the reshoots, especially.

coleslawed, DarkHotline and airik625 like this.
  7. airik625

Cool. That’s what I wasn’t sure about.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It sounds like the film is completed. This news came out based on the cut of the film that currently exists. It could still change based on reactions and what not.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The effects weren’t complete in the screening.

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this was a much NICER response, and thought out.

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You would want everything to be done now, but VFX. That will be touched up until the golden copy is ready. They would be having screenings now, internal and external to gauge reactions. Could be more work depending on the reactions therefore the director and others will be on call

I think, now don't quote me on this, but I think it was around 2 months before release where the wheels fell off for Suicide Squad. That had internal showings that tanked so they got rid of the credited editor and really cut it last minute.

12. airik625

I don’t think I had ever known that directors will revise a movie based off reactions from a screening. How do they gauge those reactions? Do the people attending submit feedback somehow? Just wait for them to post about on social media? Pretty interesting.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Feedback from screenings yeah. It's more producers who make the team make changes. I am Legend is one I can think of off the top of my head. They had an ending made. Did an internal screening and producers hated it. Then we got the ending we have now.

coleslawed and airik625 like this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Some films change their endings based on how the audience in a test screening responds. Get Out was going to have a different ending but it was received badly at test screenings so they re-shot the ending before it was released.

15. drewinseries

Drew

The Last Jedi just finished post-production, so that's only a month longer than JL. Based on Snyder stepping down, WB in general, the ongoing post pro seems normal.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That's a bummer. Though, I imagine Whedon would want to err towards cutting more stuff out than necessary after Age of Ultron.

18. drewinseries

Drew

Save it for the Ultimate Edition. Fine by me.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The 3 and a half hours long ultimate edition with 10 additional sub plots

coleslawed likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully Henry Allen is still in this.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Almost has to be if they want to add any additional info to Barry

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'd hope so. I'm honestly surprised about the supposed Iris West cut. Hopefully Clemons stays on.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Test screenings seem to love Ezra's role.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They also may be debuting a new trailer next Thursday at NYCC. I may try and sneak in for that.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Danny Elfman apparently finished recording the score as well last week, but one piece didn't sit right with him and convinced WB to hire a massive string orchestra to fix it. I'm stoked to see what we get from him.