Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Justice League (Zack Snyder, November 17, 2017) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 22, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Why's that?

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Just about the lamest thing you could do

Tim and ship90 like this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

Why?

4. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

I hope that I won't disappointed as the trailer looks good. Patty Jenkins did a marvelous (LOL) job on the Wonder Woman, Zack Snyder should also take its viewers into a different height with Justice League

Davjs likes this.
  5. I like when there's a reason for a new costume. Iron Man is always tinkering and upgrading, so his new suits make sense.

In the Dark Knight Returns (comic book), Batman starts wearing a different suit after he gets shot in the chest and the logo rips off:

[​IMG]

Also I'm a sucker for variant suits.

airik625 likes this.
  6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I was surprised at how much I liked some of the romantic Superman/Wonder Woman stuff in the New 52 a few years ago, but I'd prefer no Justice League/Wonder Woman romances be handled by Zack Snyder or Joss Whedon.

ship90 and CarpetElf like this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I actually really like Diana and Bruce together.

8. drewinseries

Drew

Me too.

thedrudo likes this.
  9. ship90

Trusted

I can't speak for everything else, but I think WW is just too good for Bruce in the DCEU ha. No thanks. What they did with Steve Trevor/Chris Pine was great.

Tim, CarpetElf and awakeohsleeper like this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Too good for... BRUCE WAYNE!?!? How dare you.

11. drewinseries

Drew

Just because WW forms a relationship with Bruce doesn't negate anything that happened with Steve.

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Just because you have a female character (and only one at that) doesn't mean you need to force a romantic sub-plot. They have that sort of Iron Man/Cap chemistry when they're working together. A sort of "one is in charge, one is the leader" kind of thing. As much as I hated the execution of it, Widow/Banner kind of makes sense. Wayne/WW doesn't.

RobbieBerns, ship90 and Joe4th like this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

Just my opinion, but Bruce giving Diana the original photo and the "maybe one day you'll tell me your story" line paves way for a relationship to totally make sense. I mean, in a way, thats technically why we were presented the story of WW, through her remembering by Bruce's gesture. I've said it doesn't have to happen, but I think it would totally make sense.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't think that makes it make sense in the slightest.

RobbieBerns, Tim and ship90 like this.
  15. ship90

Trusted

This totally how I feel! In this iteration with the DCEU, it doesn't feel right at all with what we have gotten so far (but I honestly don't even buy that Widow/Banner relationship from the marvel movies either tbh).

Tim and CarpetElf like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Widow and Banner makes sense to me on paper. Their execution was terrible but if you're going to put in a romantic sub-plot in the series, it makes by far the most sense to me.

ship90 likes this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

18. drewinseries

Drew

I think it sounds right considering I believe it's what Chris Evans got for Captain America.

Also, Superman was already a dominant franchise in the film industry.

It only doesn't make sense if her rate doesn't start increasing for WW2.

ship90 likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cavil, someone who had three more films on his resume than Gadot (yet those films grossed less than hers), got $14 million while Gadot gets $900,000 for three films during the height of the superhero craze? And Superman had one film since the 80s and it was garbage. Evans got $300k for one film before this trend started and his resume was baaaaadd.

If you think I won't have the same conversation in two different threads then you can eat sand.

20. drewinseries

Drew

I feel like the Superman name and franchise for film and tv comes way bigger than Wonder Woman at the time the DCEU was being created. They got someone like Gadot, whose previous film appearances were pretty minimal, I don't think I ever remember seeing her in the Fast and Furious trailers or promos, or at least she wasn't at the front of the promotion. Cavill was the lead of a 300 million dollar earning blockbuster, and I think he had already had James Bond buzz before Man of Steel was in pre-pro.

Superman was way bigger than WW in a film market, at the time of the beginning of the DCEU for sure.

That said, Gadot should be making millions for whatever film comes after JL she's in.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

No, she should be making millions for this film and Justice League.

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, but, why would we acknowledge a pay gap when we could instead find excuses for said gap? I mean, hey, maybe she just conveniently wanted to be paid a tiny sliver of her male counterpart's wages! After all, isn't she best used as Batman's girlfriend anyways?

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't disagree that Superman should earn more than Wonder Woman in this context. Cavil was a bigger name and he played a more recognizable character, one that was familiar to the film industry. That's why Cavil should've gotten a couple million more than Gadot for their debuts. $300,000 for BvS is fine. $300,000 for Justice League is a god damn joke.

24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It'll be interesting to see what "she likely will make a lot more from bonuses" adds up to for Gadot. Don't agree with that pay gap at all, but it also sounds like they don't have any sort of final number on what she'll earn just yet.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The hearts and minds of millions of girls, of course.