Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Just Surrender Announce Reunion Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'd like to see them live again, but I'm not going to New York for it. Hopefully more reunion shows are on the way.

3. Throwback!

I think I caught this band live once.

4. Jared Luttrell

Regular

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I remember hanging with these dudes after a show about 10 years ago, drinking beers and playing guitar hero. Cool dudes.

Mean while, dudes from My American Heart were doing coke in their van.

Brent likes this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This band was consistently terrible live. The one vocalist (the one who played guitar) was always trashed out of his mind when I saw them and could barely sing.

7. zachmacD

Trusted

The first time I saw them was back in 2006 with Boys night out and they weren't very good. But I saw them 3 times in 2008(bamboozle, warped tour, and headlining) and they were a lot better then.

8. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm not sure how far you are from Ny but I traveled to NYC to see Armor for sleep play their reunion show in 2012 and it was definitely worth it. I'm thinking of doing the same for this

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I was also at that BNO tour and Just Surrender was awesome at the NJ date. Sucks to hear they were inconsistent.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

It was just like the other guy said. The guitarist with the deeper voice sounded like he was tone deaf. They used to also do that weird thing where the two guitarist would switch sides throughout their set. Idk what that was all about but when I saw them and the other singer just sang and no longer played bass, it was awesome. Anyway, I'd love to see these guys again. Their debut record is probably my favorite pop-punk records of all time.

11. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I feel like they were a band that always seemed to be support on tours I went to at that time. I'd be interested in seeing them again if they expanded this.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

if these streets could talk is my fucking jam

Colby Searcy and Brent like this.
  13. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

They were just like A Loss for Words. Had an ok fanbase, main support/opened numerous tours but didn't take off for whatever reason.

14. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Maybe an off night? I saw them at Warped Tour and they sounded great.

15. cricketandclover Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I saw them about five times over the course of a year and they were awful every time. They might have gotten better, but they were never good when I saw them.