Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jurassic World II is the sequel of Jurassic World. Despite being called Jurassic World II, it will not be the final version of the film's name. This will be the fifth installment to the Jurassic Park film series.

It is currently in pre-production with filming to begin in 2017 and is set to be released on June 22, 2018 in the US, but will be released in the UK on June 7, 2018, two weeks before the American release.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll play the Lego game.

truelovewaits and ChaseTx like this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

J.A. Bayona made a decent horror film called the Orphanage and arguably the worst film of the decade with The Impossible, a racist and completely clueless film equating the Southeast Asian typhoon to a thrill ride for a family to learn what love is. It actually has a lot of structure that Jurassic World did, so it is a good fit.

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The action will no doubt be top notch. Just hope they have some character development this time around.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Should end up being Jurassic Universe.

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Will attend.

8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Nice

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Lol Bayona blocks critics on Twitter if they give him negative reviews. At least Treverrow engaged with criticism and seemed open to evolving or debating.

Davjs likes this.
  10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Is that what we look for in a good director now? Their Twitter etiquette?

truelovewaits and fenway89 like this.
  11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have no idea if he's a good director or not. I haven't seen anything he's done. He can do what he wants on Twitter. I still think that's silly and petty.

Davjs and coleslawed like this.
  12. Drew Baldy

Trusted

This will probably be just as much fun as the first. Count me in.

13. ChaseTx

I need to see The Orphanage. I've heard really good things.

14. I was let down by Jurassic World. I hope this is better.

Ken likes this.
  15. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Hopefully they can swing someone from the original cast into coming back in some capacity.

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I didn't like anything about the last one except Jake Johnson, and I was down with Trevorrow when he was announced because of Safety Not Guaranteed. Following this up with a film by the guy who did The Impossible? No thank you.

17. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I loved the hell out of Jurassic World.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Jurassic World was definitely flawed, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the hell out of it at the theater. I've never seen anything by the director though.

19. ChaseTx

Jurassic World was a fun experience for me especially because my daughter was the same age as I was when JP was in theaters. She loves dinosaurs so it was a pretty cool shared experience

IMG_20150613_182255.jpg

But yeah it was a very weak narrative

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  20. Tim

@ChaseTx, do you read the comic Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur with her? (Maybe we talked about this before?) I only read the first issue, but if she loves dinosaurs, it could be up her alley.

21. ChaseTx

I haven't yet! I was excited about it when it was announced, but I can't keep up with comics. Is it in trades yet?

22. Tim

23. ChaseTx

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cameron likes this.