Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

NEXT Thursday. All signs are pointing to the Infinity War trailer debuting this Thursday night during TNF

carrytheweird likes this.
  2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

was just coming in to post that chris pratt is on NBC Football night and announced it haha

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

assuming part of the plot here is taking some dinosaurs off Isla Nublar after the park destruction (as per the footage of the t-rex in the back of the semi), but to where should be interesting.

I know Jeff Goldblum is in this and I just hope we get some sort of remark or sarcastic comment about how this didn't work in San Diego.

I have so little expectation for these movies honestly so there's almost no way I can't enjoy the heck out of it.

7. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah the bar after JW could not be any lower so I'm going into this with zero expectations and hope I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just give me more practical effects and I'll be fine.

Also I feel like they're trying to turn this into a Jurassic Universe and I'm so afraid of that.

airik625 likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I mean I really enjoyed JW but I enjoyed it for what I expected it would be. A mediocre at best storyline with some great one liners, raptors, cool visuals, and some fun dino action.

It's been on a lot recently on FX and I'll turn it on every time it is. Jake Johnson was hilarious in that movie.

9. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I think nostalgia really helped JW become a success. I enjoyed it like most people but it is a distant 2nd to the original movie. I’m not sure you can recreate the awe of JP. I’m ok with this new franchise being a summer popcorn flick.

awakeohsleeper and Sean Murphy like this.
  10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Nostalgia helped me enjoy JW in the theater. Upon rewatch, it greatly decreased in my mind as once the nostalgia wears off there is very little substance to fall back on. It certainly lacks the great characters that the original had.

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the characters in JW are so subpar. Will they eventually make a film with no kids? Not saying that was the problem with JW, but it can’t hurt to try something different.

Davjs likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Judy Greer was wasted big time. Pratt was fine, but his script was terrible for him. I hope the dialogue vastly improves. Other than that, I thought it felt like a new age Jurassic Park, with some epic moments. I miss the deaths being a big deal like in the first one. The lawyer, the hunter, Sam Jackson, etc. But for it being mostly CGI, I didn't hate it at all and had a lot of fun.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

her assistant getting tossed around by the pterodactyls and then gobbled up by the whale dino was great

14. Greg

Eh. Not really. Seems excessive for a fairly neutral character.

15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You know, I enjoyed it. But somehow it got spun around to be about over excessive violence towards a female character. To me, being a horror fan, this stuff doesn't register with me given I have seen insanely worse scenarios and ends for women in thrillers/horrors. To me, it comes across as prehistoric creatures fighting over food. To others, not so much.

16. Greg

I mean, within the context of this film alone it was the most drawn out death. So the question quickly becomes, why was her death drawn out in that way? Sadly, I don’t think there was much thought put into it . Kind of like the entire movie.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah I don't think pterodactyls know how to be sexist or misogynistic lol

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I suppose it is longer than some of the others. Quite a few people got eaten in that movie, it's hard to recall exactly how many. I would say there wasn't thought to it either other than to set up the big Mosasaurus attack.

19. Greg

Most of the deaths or attacks were quick and sudden. Hers kept going for a good little bit. I agree, it primarily was meant to show the Mosasaurus again. Because the first appearance wouldn’t have been enough for some people.

It wouldn’t have been as glaring if she had done something “bad” like the lawyer in the original. He died in style, but he had been a coward and left the kids alone to try to save himself. While that doesn’t necessarily make him a bad person or villain, it’s a cowardly enough act that you want to see him bite it. The “babysitter” had the kids sneak away from her and she was trying to find them. Just seems weird to give her that death.

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The plot for this has dropped my interest in it greatly.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol oof

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there's definitely going to be a scene where a raptor is chasing chris pratt and he's just shouting "i'm trying to save you!"

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Weird. It’s done the opposite for me.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

They are not the ones that made the movie. That whole sequence was extremely misogynistic and goes against basic principles of audience sympathy. Even the original Jurassic Park got it right; compare the deaths of the protagonists like the hunter and Samuel L. Jackson to the brutality afforded to the lawyer and Newman.

coleslawed and Anna Acosta like this.
  25. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t care who gets a brutal death and who gets an off-screen/quick death. I just want new kinds of dinosaurs. Not the lab-created kind like I-Rex, but just cool predators that the other movies haven’t introduced yet.