Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah I remember really liking it at the time actually. When it turned into a horror movie my son got so invested. It was fun seeing his reactions. I haven’t even tried to rewatch though because I’m sure it’s not going to hold up

2. dlemert

Trusted

This is still the best Jurassic Park sequel.

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

TLW is great til the gymnastics start. This movie is ok til they leave the island then it falls off a cliff.

awakeohsleeper and Nyquist like this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah the gymnastics is lame, but whatever faults I have with TLW I still love it, I've never fully understood the hate of it. I even really like the San Diego stuff.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

The scene leading up to that, the raptors in the tall grass are great.

aoftbsten, Dodger and BackyardHero11 like this.
  6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

All JP sequels have been terrible. They’ve done nothing but shit all over one of the all-time great blockbusters.

Cameron likes this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Still haven't had the urge to see this. Can't believe how much they've blundered it over and over again :/

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What shocked me about this one was that there were literally no moments where I felt on edge with suspension, tension or fear. It just seemed so ridiculous that I was laughing rather than dreading anything. The first Jurassic World managed to create a few of those moments, but this was so far from the mark. As people keep saying, it's a far cry from that original Jurassic Park film.

jkauf and Davjs like this.
  9. I still haven’t seen this and honestly probably won’t. The last one was so bad that I lost all interest.

10. dlemert

Trusted

Agree. Some of the setpieces are Spielberg all-timers (the T-Rex/RV scene and the raptors-in-the-grass scene in particular) but the movie dies once they go to San Diego.

11. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Agreed about The Lost World. It always feels like it’s supposed to end when they’re leaving the island and then it just...keeps going. I love The Lost World, but it is this weirdly disjointed movie that feels like it literally exists in three very distinct acts:

Act One: Everything leading up to the amazing RV sequence with the T-Rex family. I love the movie for that scene alone. Julianne Moore lying on the glass as it cracks underneath her is one of my favorite childhood memories of cinematic tension.

Act Two: The teams merging and trying to find their way off the island. Still fun, but considerably less interesting.

Act Three: Godzilla.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was the worst movie I saw last year. Just incompetent from the start and manages to make me hate both Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. The whole clone thing is just mind blowingly stupid.

13. Davjs

Trusted

True, but to be fair they did it better than Godzilla did.

Nyquist and BackyardHero11 like this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

kid waking up to find t-rex ate his dog? terrifying haha

bradsonemanband, Nyquist and Davjs like this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

holy shit i forgot about the clone. this movie sucks.

Zilla and awakeohsleeper like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

I loved it haha

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Definitely agree. Feels like two or three different movies honestly. To me, it seemed like they were having trouble resolving the movie in a way that wasn't just like, "Damn, we made a mistake coming here. Let's go home" and then everything is fine.

Jurassic World series is almost replicating the first three movies but adjusting it so that the whole San Diego-like fiasco during LW takes place in a third movie instead of the second.

Nyquist likes this.
  18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I still uphold the idea that Jurassic World is one of the worst blockbusters I’ve ever seen

imthesheriff and Kyle Max like this.
  19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I don’t anticipate ever watching this movie in my life. And I’m okay with that!

Zilla likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Good call

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

You, my friend, are smarter than I am.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Some of the Transformers films though.

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I would rather watch JP3 than any of the World movies. ALAN!

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

JP3 is the Jaws 2 of this franchise. it's a slasher movie with dinosaurs, and I'm into it haha.