Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Lol I don't remember anyone having to specifically point a gun to get the indo to attack, what scene was that?

2. Drew Baldy

Trusted

The scene where the introduced the Indoraptor to the wealthy folks looking to buy dinosaurs the guy pointed the laser at the guy sitting in the crowd, the indoraptor looked at the guy, then he "pulled the trigger" to make the sound, and the indoraptor went wild in the cage trying to get to that guy specifically. Then the scene on top of the glass structure where Claire pointed it at Owen and pulled the trigger so it would go after him and then fall into the glass building. It was a tiny thing, but I just didn't feel like that would make a lot of sense or be a very practical way of weaponizing the dinosaurs.

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've loosened up on this movie quite a bit, and I have actually been itching to watch it again. There are a lot of obvious flaws with it (and a lot of them were present in some of the other movies too), but I think my biggest issue is that I inherently don't like the idea of "good dinosaurs" and "bad dinosaurs". I know it originated in Jurassic World and was sort of present in JPIII, but I don't know. I lose interest every time Blue saves someone or the T-Rex only eats bad people.

4. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Oh, I don't remember the part at the auction but for some reason I just assumed it was some kind of sonic weapon. I need to watch again, I remember I was pretty distracted by other stuff going on when it was on.

5. This movie was trash.

6. Dog with a Blog

Lol. We’re showing Jurassic Park at work today for its 25th anniversary and I just had some guests walk out and ask if they could exchange their tickets for another movie because they thought they were seeing Fallen Kingdom. Do they not realize we were doing them a favor!?

Cameron, Zilla, chewbacca110 and 2 others like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hm, about three months have passes since I saw this and I've already forgotten so much

Feels nice

8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Saw it when they re-released it for the 20th anniversary in 3-D. It was a ton of fun.

DrAlanGrant and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. Watched this over the weekend and not only was it bad, but I was bored the entire time.

10. I was absolutely entertained by how gigantic and dumb and campy and silly this was.

Felt like I was watching 101 Dalmatians or something.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This was bad, but in a fun bad way - for me.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I somehow saw this twice and remember very little about it.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I'm still bawling over this scene :verysad::verysad:

[​IMG]

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck don’t remind me

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Its funnier when you think of the dinosaur saying “Goodbye Buddy! Hope you find your dad.”

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hahah goddamn I legit laughed so loud at my desk at that

Zilla likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Spot-on Honest Trailer

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Seriously. Sometimes critiques of movies like these can be nit-picky, but you can't argue with a lot of stuff in that video. haha. Can't believe how little discussion there was about how the overall plot was so similar to The Lost World but with an added volcano explosion... Maybe there were too many other things to be upset about.

Also... lol @ "Billy Quizboy"

20. Kuri44

bradsonemanband and Henry like this.
  21. awakeohsleeper Apr 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2019)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally caught this last night. Glad I didn't bother seeing it at the cinema. It was fun enough to watch in the comfort of my own home but not the best film at all really. I really don't care for these modified dinosaurs.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s so disappointing I never got the JP sequel I ever wanted. LW obviously is a fine sequel, but you can definitely tell Spielberg wasn’t as invested. The rest are all so action heavy or campy in a bad way. I always envisioned a more sci fi thriller/suspenseful JP movie. Esp when I was in 4th grade, and saw the trailer for JP3 before The Mummy Returns. It looked so gritty, and dark. It’s probably the most vanilla one tho.

Sigh rant over

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I would have preferred 3 hours of them just riding the rides in the first JW over whatever we got in the second JW.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Lol this was on tv a week or two ago and my wife had never seen it. She was flipping channels and landed on it when the movie was already in the “gothic horror monster mansion” section and she was like “wtf is this movie.” Then Chris Pratt showed up and she was all “wait is this the newest Jurassic Park? Wtf is this movie?”

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I still need to rewatch this. I enjoyed it in theatres. I admittedly don't know how much I buy into the switch of tone or flow, however, as a night out to the movies with a bonkers gothic horror mansion set piece with great cinematography? yeah, I had a good time haha.