Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Omg that’s amazing

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

This was entertaining but stupid and utterly hollow, I also couldn't help but sum it up as being the second Jurassic Park film that meets Dante's Peak while making an action star out of a velociraptor when asked to be brief about what it was like.

flask likes this.
  5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Despite not loving this movie, I did love the practical effects and those scenes were my favorites.

6. Kuri44

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. brentkid

Regular

This was... really bad. I actually enjoyed everything on the island but the movie went completely off the rails once they transitioned to the estate.

Based on the ending I'm not even sure if I care about seeing the third. I would however pay to see an entire movie of Chris Pratt just interacting with baby raptors.

Connor and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. dlemert

Trusted

Kuri44 likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Saw this a couple weeks ago.
    Too many dinosaurs if you ask me.

10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Kuri44 likes this.
  11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Kuri44 likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Gf legit cried at that scene and she doesn't cry at all during movies or shows like This Is Us.

13. Kuri44

Maybe it was symbolic for what the Jurassic Worlds did to the franchise.

brentkid likes this.
  14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Honestly, this felt like a top-5 worst movie I've seen in a theater.

imthesheriff and Kuri44 like this.
  15. Kuri44 Jul 15, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018)
    Kuri44

It really felt like a direct to video film imo. Still might have to give worst film I’ve seen in theaters to Envy.

Connor likes this.
  16. Morrissey

Trusted

Why are these people making such a big deal about the dinosaurs going "extinct" when they can just make them in a lab whenever they want? In what world would going to an active volcano full of man-eating dinosaurs to save genetic experiments that could be recreated make sense?

I have watched less than twenty minutes and I can't believe how corny this is. This old man suddenly worked with Hammond the whole time.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but I think all the embryos and genetic technology was left on the island and got destroyed...and they only stole a few to create the new dinosaur in this one.

I THINK that’s how it may have gone down?

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm pretty sure they still have a bunch of stuff that they shuffled out at the end of JW. They cleaned out the lab and packed up all of the embryos before they jumped in the helicopter. It seemed like they already had everything they needed besides that specific Velociraptor DNA for the new hybrid dino, but they just thought they would grab all of the other existing dinosaurs from the island while they were out there to make a profit off of them.

I also don't think all the technology was still left on the island because they were able to make the I-raptor on the mainland somewhere, but who really knows with this series.

19. Morrissey

Trusted

It is an enormous leap of logic to think that they do not have backups somewhere else, especially since Hammond's partner we never heard about has all that dinosaur stuff at his house.

I turned it off when they got to the island. I might finish it tonight.

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh hey I ain't trying to say it makes sense haha. I'm just trying to figure out what they're trying to sell us.

21. Morrissey

Trusted

The movie tries to do the scene where people are in awe of dinosaurs even though the entire point of Jurassic World was that they had to make new ones because people were not impressed by dinosaurs anymore.

BornToRun and Barresi like this.
  22. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I'm completely and utterly biased (read both of the books in middle schools, I've seen them all in theaters, have a giant JP tattoo on the back of my leg), but I enjoyed what they tried to do with this one. It may have not been the best movie in the world, but at least they finally changed up the atmosphere and setting and plot. Some of it didn't work, but I appreciate the effort.

23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Same, minus the tattoo. I was obsessed as a kid.

Just saw this the other night and I think reviews were a little harsh. The worst part was the 'grand daughter' side plot that was wholly unnecessary and just off the charts stupid, but the rest was good.

Bayona did a great job. Trevorrow is a mediocre script writer though.

24. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah this movie would've been trash had Bayona not directed the shit out of it. He salvaged a pretty bad script and made it into something enjoyably campy.

25. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Agree with this completely. There is a really good copy floating around and this has turned into my "fall asleep movie" and I've honestly started to like it more and more with each viewing.

I think my biggest complaint was the Indoraptor and how it doesn't make a lot of sense to point the gun at someone to have the raptor attack them because if you were pointing the gun at them wouldn't it just be a lot more practical to just pull the trigger and shoot them and then the target is dead and you don't have to worry about losing control of a Indominus Rex/Raptor combo dinosaur? I mean I get it's about wanting to weaponize dinos, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.