Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

On a cynical level, i do love Jeff Goldblum being a case of cinematic clickbait. Just there to get those nostalgia dollars, say the title of the movie and peace out after a minute.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

watching every trailer, commercial, teaser, promo that featured him heavily only to have him total 4 mins of screen time ...... thats....thats chaos.

3. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

This seemed like a rushed idea that was put into motion without enough care and development. It’s sloppy and blatantly uses throwback scenes to the original that had me rolling my eyes in the theater.

I do wonder what the next step is here though, now that the dinosaurs are loose. I’m sore it will be some “hunt them down for profit type thing”. How many tomes can this be gone back to?

Barresi likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel like I would prefer if the third one took place ASAP after the ending of this one. I don’t want a 10 year down the line story, I wanna see what happens right away. That I think would be more engaging, exciting, and entertaining. 10 years later would just be Planet of the Dinosaurs.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah i feel like theyre going to pickup down the line where “dinosaurs have re-entered society” and people are coexisting with them......and then, you know........something goes horribly wrong

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Where would everyone place this with the others?

Jurassic Park
    Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
    Jurassic World
    The Lost World
    Jurassic Park III

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Jurassic Park
    Lost World
    Jurassic World
    Fallen Kingdom
    Alan

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol why are so many people surprised and insulted that this movie wasn't great after that crappy first JW? It was a big blockbuster action flick with very lackluster writing. I fully expect that in this movie, too (which I still haven't seen yet)

9. Fixed Glitch

Same

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yikes.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Jurassic Park
    The first 3/4 of Lost World
    Fallen Kingdom

Last 1/4 of Lost World
    ALAN
    Jurassic World

12. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Lol I’m totally down for calling the third one “Alan” from now on.

BornToRun likes this.
  13. Fixed Glitch

The reality is that Jurassic Park (the film only, not the novel) did not need any sequels. It’s perfect as it is. The film offered everything you could want.

But I think it’s so powerful that new films will keep us buying a ticket because of how much JP meant to so many. And the movie world at large.

14. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Just got out of this. God I wish Trevorrow wasn’t in charge of this reboot. I actually thought the direction by Bayona was good. The writing however is just so frustrating and so lifeless. It was entertaining and honestly I’ve been entertained by all of them. I get that this franchise is about money now, I just wish there was some attempt at writing a good character with an arc or a great story.

I will say that I appreciated the effects. The practical effects were really great when used and the CG looking really great at points too.

BornToRun, Zilla, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  15. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Jurassic Park
    Jurassic World
    The Lost World
    Jurassic Park III
    Fallen Kingdom

16. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

JP
    The Lost World

The rest

Zilla and DrAlanGrant like this.
  17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Lots of visual callbacks to JP and LW in this one.

18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I liked the opening but hated once they got to the island. The techie kid that was supposed to be the comic relief did not work for me and nobody in the theater laughed at him. Once they got to the house I really started enjoyjnf the movie. Especially once the Indoraptor starting stalking the girl.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It literally feels like the director is doing everything he can to save this franchise and Trevorrow is doing everything he can to ruin it. So happy he got fired from Episode 9

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My other complaints: why the hell are there just completely intact Dino carcasses everywhere. The T. rex and others would have scattered the bones.

What was the purpose of the girl pointing the gun at the military dudes. What did she think would happen? Then they make it seem like a victory for her when she says they need her. Obviously they knew that already

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The way they handled the betrayal on the island was so clumsy and unearned.

BornToRun, aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  22. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

That kid sucked soooooo hard

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I thought the british clone girl was a better actress than the tech kid

GrantCloud and Taketimeandfind like this.
  24. Kuri44

it would be crazy if they got The Rock to star alongside Chris Pratt for the third installment, just to add to the ridiculousness

25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Throw in John Turturro at his Transformers-wackiest

Kuri44 likes this.