Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk if youre even a small fan of the original movies i cant see how you dont at least have a little fun watching this.

mike1885 and a nice person like this.
  2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed Jurassic World and saw it multiple times in theaters haha, so I think I’ll be okay with this!

3. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, seen it 100+ times, and this made me want to gouge my eyes out by the end.

So there’s definitely a spectrum, haha.

Zilla and Makoto like this.
  4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Yeah I’m the same way. I went to film school, worked on movies and run a movie theatre all because my dad took me to see Jurassic Park when I was 11. It’s not my #1 movie of all time but it is for sure top 10 and the reason I love film.

I hated this movie. It actually made me upset how much I hated it.

BornToRun, Barresi, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This lacks the same level of self-awareness with how dumb it is that Jurassic World had and fails because of it. Without that, it's just not as fun.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I feel the opposite, tbh.

dlemert and DrAlanGrant like this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I just remember the last one acknowledging a lot of the product placement, talking about how the magic of the original park couldn't be matched so now it's gotta be bigger and louder to keep people interested, characters generally rolling their eyes at D'Onofrio's dumb army-Raptor plan (a raptor even interrupts his cartoon villain speech at the end to eat him), etc.

The most self-aware thing I can think of from this was the dumbass at the beginning who doesn't understand there is a T-Rex about to eat him and maybe the Indo-Raptor toying with the generic military bad guy. Outside of that, it didn't really seem to be in on the joke.

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I just liked seeing all the rich people get eaten and beaten.

GrantCloud and aoftbsten like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also when they first said IndoRaptor I heard it as Dingo-Raptor so that is what it is known as to me

10. aoftbsten Jun 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2018)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I would watch that syfy original.

“The dingo ate the baby, but this one wants the whole family. Dingoraptor, coming to SyFy this summer."

DrAlanGrant, oakhurst and Sean Murphy like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep

Zilla likes this.
  12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The Last Jedi has incredible highs and incredible lows. The Jurassic franchise as a whole is terrible, minus the first and maybeeeeee half the second.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and after 3 bad sequels we get the sharktopus and anaconda cross-overs

aoftbsten likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s like she just read what happens through social media and threw together an inaccurate comparison.

Makoto likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the worst worst worst worst moment in TLJ is better than most good stuff in the Jurassic World movies

16. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The auction scene was so damn hokey. It felt like something from another movie, the conveyor belt and huge cages. That's when it felt really dumb to me. Like fan fiction.

BornToRun likes this.
  17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’m skipping any JW sequels until we get Jurassic Universe where scientists send dinosaurs to space to test if dinosaurs can colonize a planet (because that’s just as absurdly dumb as every line in JW) and Chris Pratt leads an army of space velociraptors on an invasion/colonization of ET’s home world, and all the ET aliens carry space laser guns because that’s just as in line with the original ET as the JW sequels are with Jurassic Park.

Then I’ll be super stoked for Jurassic Multiverse, where after four abhorrently shitty Jurassic Universe movies, Chris Pratt leads his army of velociraptors and ET aliens through a portal where they encounter Star Lord, because by that time Disney will own Universal and movies will just be everyone’s favorite childhood properties being milked for everything they’re worth and crossing over into the MCU.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Why did the Russian guy have to say "One Millions Dollars" instead of "One million dollars"

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

marceting likes this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I just wish the scene of them trying to escape the house wasn’t also the entire movie.

Dodger likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Elon Musk can be the villain, not a fictionalized version of Elon Musk just actually him

Your Milkshake and Nathan like this.
  23. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

You’ve never heard a Russki butcher the English language?!

24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was so insultingly bad I'm actually mad. How is it even possible to have characters this undeveloped?

Makoto, Barresi and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just remembered the scene where the dingoraptor was running right at maisie in the elevator and it was a direct callback lex in the kitchen. I reallly loved that.

oakhurst likes this.