Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I feel like they put extra emphasis in this one in regards to who gets killed and how graphic the killing is

BornToRun likes this.
  2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I too was wondering this until I read this interview with Trevorrow and...sigh:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The dinosaurs are released into the wild at the end. What does this mean for the third film? A big bonanza of dinos running amok?
    COLIN TREVORROW:
    Not a bonanza — that sounds chaotic. [Laughs] No, it will be focused storytelling with dinosaurs all over the world. We really wanted this technology, this genetic power, to go open-source at the end of the film. What we’re suggesting is not just that these specific animals that we care about that were in captivity were freed, but also that the ability to create these animals has gone a little bit wider than our friend Dr. Wu. The open-sourcing of any technology, like nuclear power, that’s the scary side for me.

At the end, we also see some dinos being transported in trucks. Are those the individuals who bid on the dinos at Lockwood’s estate?
    Yes. There are unknown buyers from around the world taking their purchases, mostly carnivores, and heading out to do what they will.

We don’t see who has it, but it looks like someone has taken some of the DNA samples.
    We’re suggesting that the purchasing extended all the way from live dinosaurs to embryos to DNA to everything.

'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' burning questions answered

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd watch the fuck out of this

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Said this exact thing to my girlfriend last night after leaving the theater. Like word for word. Haha

Nyquist likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That was my guess as well.

Nyquist likes this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Hell yeah

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm still upset about this too.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I did not like this. The first one was an extremely fun time in the theater, this was just kind of bad. Sure, it had moments of fun, but every time I thought it was about to get better, another cringe-worthy thing would happen.

9. aoftbsten Jun 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2018)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Good bits:
    - The shot of the Brachiosaurus. That was incredible and actually had me tearing up.
    - Chris Pratt with Baby Blue. I want a Raptor puppy.
    - The scene where generic bad guy man tells Claire and Owen they aren't exactly innocent in the whole dino mayhem. That provided some small depth to Claire's character that I was not expecting at that point in the film.
    - Pachycephalosaurus (had to google that one) ramming a bunch of rich a-holes. Fun stuff there.
    - Indo-Raptor design was pretty terrifying. I loved its weird twitchiness.
    - Silhouette shot of the Mosasaur in the beginning. I had hope!
    - Dipshit guy at the beginning not realizing his co-dipshits were warning him there was a dinosaur coming for him. I mostly hate this, but it let me know right away that everyone in this was going to be a complete and total dumbass. So I appreciate it for that.
    - The T-Rex keeps disrespecting the I-Rex, this time by stepping on its bone. I'll give them credit and say it was intentional.

Pretty sure it was an unintentionally funny bit:
    - the exact same scene of scientists frantically packing up the lab after the dinos escaped that was in the last one. ARE WE SENSING A THEME HERE PEOPLE?

Bad bits (pretty much everything else, but here are some lowlights):
    - Clone girl. I don't care.
    - Generic bad guy man smothers Hammond lite with a pillow. I laughed a little when the cane dropped.
    - Dumbass main soldier opens the Indo-Raptor cage. So frustratingly dumb.
    - Owen stopping to look at the dinosaur instead of getting in the sphere thing that would protect him.
    - Everyone who dies is basically an anonymous soldier who we spend no time with. In other movies, the stakes don't have to be death, but in this one, they kind of have to be and no one is ever in any real danger.
    - For the most part, every character is generic and boring.
    - Turning the lights off is supposed to stop this genetically engineered killing machine with a locked in sense of smell (THAT YOU LITERALLY JUST TOLD US ABOUT 5 MINUTES AGO) from finding you?
    - Vet girl and Hacker guy are being threatened with a taser by a security guy... so they release a raptor? One, I don't think he was going to kill you. This is probably just a job for the poor bastard. Two, you don't think there's a chance that Raptor turns around and eats you? No? Okay.
    - The ending. Am I supposed to believe the world is in grave danger because 11 dinosaurs escaped into the California suburbs? We have drones now and these things have tracking beacons in them! (sure, maybe bad guy man had the beacons removed or they don't work off the island. Whatever).

If movie pass or some equivalent is still around for the next one of these, I'll probably see it. But I really hope every single one of these characters gets eaten by Blue.

BornToRun likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Saw dinosaurs. Had fun. No sequel will ever come close to the original JP.

aoftbsten likes this.
  12. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

holy hell was this dumb.

but I had a total blast for the final 30/40 mins.

appreciated it going all in on the ridiculous.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I had fun, but expectations were 0 going in.

The human cloning twist seemed........unnecessary? Unless they plan to really explore it and give us more of it in the final film, i cant see why that was even thought of.

For most of the film for whatever reason i assumed maybe she was Lex’s daughter.

“We’re not compatible” gave me a nice laugh.

aoftbsten likes this.
  14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Are any of the OG characters even referenced other than Goldblum? Like I love him more than anything but he was a chaos theorist wasn’t he? Wouldn’t it make more sense for Sam Neil to come back as Dr. Grant?

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Hammond is referenced and mentioned a lot

16. Sean Murphy Jun 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2018)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ok to be perfectly fair i would see the shit out of that lol

Nyquist likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I would have liked it way more if mills was grown up Tim

BornToRun and Nyquist like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Read the last 2 pages glad we are all mostly on the same page lol

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Did anyone else get a kick out of the Indoraptor fucking with the soldier or was it just me? haha

marceting and aoftbsten like this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah i enjoyed that mostly because of how dumb that guy was. from the first time he was on screen i knew he'd be dino meat but, he became insufferable very quick.

Zilla, Barresi and ghostedaway like this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Haha yup

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, this bit was fun, but the guy entering there to get a tooth was so stupid.

BornToRun and ghostedaway like this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Agree with that for sure

24. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Yeah that was actually one of two scenes that gave me an emotional reaction. The guy climbs in the cage and the big dino is clearly messing with him and then it opens its eye to clearly indicate to the audience that, yes, the dino is clearly messing with him and then it looks like it...smiles? Totally ridiculous but I chuckled.

The other scene was the brachiosaurus death. That got me.

ghostedaway likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Seeing this tonight and genuinely no idea what the hell is going to happen.