Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah when he gets mad he can be annoying (along with everybody really). Definitely presents more civilly in this and with evidence. While i enjoyed JW, I agree with his conclusion that we should have a higher standard from these types of movies and they can be fun and better characters and story, blah blah blah.

Davjs likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Well, I didn’t like Jurassic World at all, and the first two trailers for this looked like trash, but this 3rd trailer looks like this movie is reaching a whole new level of stupidity and absurdity to the point where I’m actually kind of on board haha. Definitely gave away too much tho, but whatever it’s not like it’s really gonna matter in the end.

Kuri44 likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i liked JW a lot, but man that latest trailer for this is horrible.

It's for ads. They can play for 5 seconds before the user can skip the ad so they have a 5 second mini trailer to catch peoples eye in hopes they don't skip and then show the full trailer.

4. Dog with a Blog

But it’s not before the ad. It’ll literally do a little mini trailer and then go right into the trailer

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The original JP is probably the best popcorn movie of all time. Lost World up until San Diego I love. Jurassic Park 3 is painfully awful. JW has good and bad. These are my hot takes. Have a great Wednesday.

bradsonemanband and Jusscali like this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yes. i know. and that youtube video is used as an ad on other videos.

7. Dog with a Blog

Ah, gotcha.

8. Dodger

I’ve found all the sequels to be moderately entertaining. Even 3. I just don’t really care about the characters or story that much. But I have fun with them

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

every now and then ill watch 3 if its on TV, it has its moments even though its overall an awful flick.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't think those takes are that far off. Do I wish we could get another (arguably) brilliant movie out of this series? Of course. Am I angry that the JW trilogy is absurd and ridiculous? No way. The first JW was still entertaining for me despite being so goofy and making the dinosaurs everyone's buddies haha. Can't say I don't hope for a respectable sequel someday but I'll take whatever they give me.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

3 is pretty awful overall.

I do love some parts of it. Alan's line about some of the worst things imaginable being done with the best intention. I like the Eric character. And of course talking raptors...

ALAN!

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As much as i’m not a huge fan of reboots, I wouldn’t mind a more horror version of the original, with more of the source material used. Specifically how Hammond is not just a lovable old man. Drop the silly and take itself as serious as possible. And for god sake minimum cgi.

Mrk_Brdshw and Dodger like this.
  13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It’s the most expensive Syfy channel movie of all time. I love that Alan part.

Connor and slimfenix182 like this.
  14. Dodger

Yesss to all this, especially the horror and CGI.

15. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Jurassic Park III hasn't sat right with me since age nine, sitting in the theater, and watching the Spinosaurus snap the T-Rex's neck.

I was upset for the rest of the movie.

Connor and Adrian Villagomez like this.
  16. dlemert

Trusted

JP > TLW > JP3 > JW

This franchise gets worse with every release, hoping the new one changes that.

Connor and Ken like this.
  17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

the first is obviously the best. I actually love the lost world including san diego. the third is basically a slasher film with dinosaurs, not anywhere near the others but entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed Jurassic world even if some of it is a little batshit haha. I haven't watched the newest trailer, but I'm still all in on this movie. I do wish they continued to use the specific aspect ratios that Spielberg started with though. it makes a difference. The Ever-Changing Aspect Ratios of the Jurassic Park Franchise

brentkid and aoftbsten like this.
  18. Kuri44

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

haven't all of them been "science thrillers"? genetically engineered dinosaurs chasing people seems to hit both the science and thriller checkpoints. this is hardly a tease lol

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That article was great, There's definitely a noticeable difference, particularly when comparing the T-Rex shots and island shots.

brentkid and BackyardHero11 like this.
  21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It makes you feel better about not being completely wowed by shots like those when you realize there is a slightly subconscious but rational reason for it. Comes down to fundamentals, really.

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. brentkid

Regular

Literally last night I was watching Jurassic World on whatever channel it's been on frequently and thought to myself "This just FEELS different from JP." This is why. Awesome post.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

JP3 is a blast. I don't care what anyone says.

24. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

seems like they showed the opening scene from the movie at cinemacon and the reaction was very positive. Said it was dark and scary.

ghostedaway likes this.
  25. Jimnatives

So, I'll be going to see this tomorrow afternoon! I'm expecting it to be completely over the top and absolutely ridiculous, but I'd lying if I said I wasn't pumped! I'll report back with some non spoiler comments tomorrow.