Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (J.A. Bayona, June 22, 2018) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jurassic World? Yeah, that is not very good.

Greg likes this.
  2. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

No, I meant JP.

3. DrAlanGrant likes this.
  4. I love Chris Pratt but I just feel like he was bad in jw and looks bad in this

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

See idk how to explain it. I wanted to see Ian Malcolm explore the island again in the second, no matter how silly. I want to see Alan Grant explore the island again, no matter how bad. Owen Grady? I couldn't care less about what Owen Grady does.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought Pratt was pretty good in Jurassic World. The dialogue wasn’t good, but I can’t imagine any actor would sound good delivering lines like “depends what kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab”.

carrytheweird likes this.
  7. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

There's some of the same shitty Trevorrow dialogue in just the trailer. So happy they got him the hell away from Star Wars. This looks like the Geostorm version of The Lost World but hopefully Bayona lands his suspense/horror elements. Could be okay. I'm just here for the dinosaurs.

littlejohn and aoftbsten like this.
  8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I thought world was a fucking mess so I’m not very excited.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Drew Baldy

Trusted

They did a pretty good job at building hype around the trailer. I’ll give them that

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why not just make more dinos? wut is this plot. how in gods name do you transport a t rex.

shouldn't the Jurassic Park be bankrupt at this point with all of its bloody incidents especially after its grand transgressions from the last film. how do they have money lol

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't really think it has to do with money/the park, but I can't say for sure. It seems like they're more concerned that it's cruel to let them all die? Still pretty dumb. I said in the other thread that it's hard to root for her considering she got hundreds of people killed last time because she refused to evacuate the park. Now she's apparently risking more human lives trying to save these dinos. Priorities, dude.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk. I’m sowmwhat hopeful the reasons they kept Owen/Claire is that they can redeem them with better writing....hopefully.

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Super Bowl trailer looked more interesting

14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Better than the first trailer, I guess?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Nope

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Haha it’s more ridiculous than I expected. I’m in.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Adding the kids is a negative for this trailer... but at least there wasn’t a cringey Pratt/Howard scene.

18. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I liked that way more, but still not expecting much.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What kind of Dino do we suspect they’re showing off there in the middle? Gonna be really lame if it’s just a cooler D-Rex

carrytheweird likes this.
  20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They were showing that side profile of its head roaring in the trailer, and I was just begging for another mouth to pop out revealing this was a crossover with Alien.

chewbacca110 and Cameron like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Haven’t watched trailer 2 yet, but the Jeep commercial with Goldbloom was great.

bradsonemanband and Davjs like this.
  22. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Everyone about the Jeep commercial: it was so great

Everyone after they find out that Colin T directed it: I never said it was good, in fact it sucked

23. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Think this looks like a lot of fun.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Definitely got more of the horror vibes from this one. Certainly more excited now. I'm guessing that's the mini I-rex that Vincent D'onofrio's character was alluding to in the last one.

fenway89 likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I figured this was all just taking place on the island again after that first trailer. Thought they had actually just shown the big final set piece of the film in the first teaser trailer (the volcano sequence). Don't know if that's the halfway point or if it's like The Lost World and only briefly takes place on the mainland, but whatever. I don't know, it still doesn't look great to me. I'll probably see it with Movie Pass but if I didn't have that I probably wouldn't pay to see it.