Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic World: Dominion (Colin Trevorrow, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Short film/teaser hit this weekend. It is meant to be a lead in, showing what life alongside dinosaurs is like in a post-Fallen Kingdom world.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Brutal

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my goddd that was bad

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The parents trying to calm the baby down instead of covering its mouth was pretty dumb

5. dlemert

Trusted

This was a nice (albeit obvious) homage to Lost World but the writing was atrocious. So pretty par for the course for these movies.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m so confused by what this is to be honest.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have a feeling its going to be a slow rollout leading to the release of the next film. This basically came out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they had another one for the Super Bowl or one of the big time shows. I think its an interesting tactic to remind people that the story is being pushed further.

8. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t mind the direction they took the story, but good god the execution of the World movies has been terrible. They feel like big budget Syfy channel movies

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if there are at least a couple more of these to set the stage for the next movie. They had this one kept secret while in production somehow so there could definitely be more before the movie comes out in like 2021.

Production value looked great on this one though. I thought it was a neat little short, but man, still so much cheese.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Definitely cheesy, but it was a decent short.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Good thing about Fallen Kingdom being as bad as it was is knowing I can steer clear this time

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

JW1 was enough to make me steer away from this franchise lol

13. dlemert

Trusted

JW2 at least had good direction, that alone made it out of JW1's league.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Blech. The credits were the best part.

15. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

How do you expect the plot to progress if the main characters don't consistently make extremely questionable decisions? Come on man.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That damn baby... Gigantic animals roaring, fighting and stomping right outside? Completely fine. It finally stops and there’s some peace and quiet? NOW I’ll start screaming and crying.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. bluecharliedeltaecho Sep 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

333 GANG likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I have a love/hate relationship with these movies. The goofiness and bad writing doesn’t stop me from loving them, but at the same time, my fascination with them doesn’t stop me from constantly criticizing them lol.

19. bluecharliedeltaecho Sep 17, 2019
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

333 GANG likes this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I meant goofiness like the the girl in TLW swinging around and kicking the raptor through the window. Hahaha. Gets a big eye roll from me every time.

To your last point, I’ve actually preferred JP3 to TLW as I’ve gotten older and don’t know why. Neither are honestly that great but I still enjoy them.

21. bluecharliedeltaecho Sep 17, 2019
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

22. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Better than JW2 at least.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

333 GANG and coleslawed like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

posted this in the JW:FK thread;

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I saw a video on Twitter where they specifically said "major" roles so that tends to make me think it'll at least be more than Malcolm's cameo in the last movie, but who knows honestly. Keeping my expectations for this movie pretty low in general. haha.