Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jurassic Park VII (Gareth Edwards, July 2, 2025) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jun 13, 2024.

1. Mark III Jun 17, 2024
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2024)
    Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

Lost World is only slightly better than 3 for me. 3 has some terrible acting and silly dino stuff in it, but I think it's a better story overall. I really enjoy the first Jurassic World movie. Fallen Kingdom is whatever, just basically a Lost World rip off in a lot of ways. I'm about halfway through Dominion for the first time and have been unable to get through the whole thing yet. Started it like a week ago

Penlab likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I have a big soft spot for 3 because the Spinosaurus fucking rules

joe.boy.fresh. and Penlab like this.
  3. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

3 lovers, rise up.

joe.boy.fresh. and ghostedaway like this.
  4. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

I don't personally see the appeal of polyamory but you do you Penlab

5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I like The Lost World well enough, but there’s a myriad of things that just aren’t quite right with it for me (even if they’re totally subjective).

I know Goldblum is Goldblum, but I still feel like you could have swapped Malcolm out for Grant in that role. Malcolm is basically a different character in TLW, so much so that it feels like it should have been Grant, anyway. Did they not understand their own characters?

Also, it would’ve been way more interesting to see them traversing the ruins of Jurassic Park, rather than Site B.

I know these issues stem from Crichton’s novel, but talk about dropping the ball on the chance to revisit one of the best film locales like, ever? Why pass that up in favor of… a redwood forest?

I don’t know, like I said, lots of subjective complaints that are more frustrating than legitimate issues with the film itself. I think on its own merits, it’s a pretty fun ride and once it gets going, it doesn’t really take its foot off the pedal. I had the chance to catch it in theaters again last spring, and was taken aback by just how quick it moves.

Also, Roland Tembo rules.

6. Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

As a kid I never understood why they didn't go back to the original island in Lost World and still to this day don't understand why they didn't do it for 3 other than wanting "the bird cage". 3 would be miles better if it were the same story on the original island

Edit: I also think there's not enough interaction with the original park in the first 2 JW movies. Would've made those better as well

Barresi likes this.
  7. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

You clearly don't watch anime.

8. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

9. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Alternative response:

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  10. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

HELL YEAH loved this one, think I first heard it playing WWE Smackdown vs Raw

Firefly was in the game too

Penlab likes this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

Within the context of the story, Site B would probably have more dinosaurs. The main island is like the main stage.

12. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

First saw the video in a Wal-Mart. Downloaded the album immediately.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  13. Atticus5143

Trusted

Original remains an all timer and Lost World is fun until they get to San Diego. Everything else is pure dog shit

14. tomdelonge

Trusted

Totally forgot about the san diego part. 3 is worse than lost world but its pulpy summer feel is more appealing than the sequel frenzy of lost world

When it comes to sequels, Jurassic Park is in the Jaws zone

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. Morrissey

Trusted

It is much more noble to just say they offered you a lot of money. Americans love money; the people who would judge it already don't like her.

Zilla and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

tbf, the idea of Jurassic Park + Gareth sells itself.

18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

He’s already made a great Jurassic Park before (Godzilla), so let my man cook

justin. likes this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I couldn’t even tell you anything about the last one that came out. I don’t remember anything about it except maybe there were bees?

20. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Locusts.

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

god the JW series was just absolute shit wasnt it

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

23. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

You have dinosaurs, the coolest goddamn animals known to man, and you make your dinosaur movie that people who love dinosaurs are going to see to see dinosaurs and make it about giant insects. And this after establishing a premise in the previous two films that man was going to have to co-exist with dinosaurs. That's where it ends. Insects.

Donnie Ruth and Shakriel like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeeeeees this is now what I remember HATING is they made a dinosaur movie about freakin’ insects. And really focused a lot on them. It suuuuuucked

Now I’m being refreshed they had that Wolverine dinosaur thing going on. And they focused sooooo much on freakin bugs.

25. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

And that was all on top of marketing it as “this is the one where the original cast all finally comes back together just like you always wanted! …Right?”