Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jupiter’s Legacy (Netflix, 2020)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Aug 13, 2019.

1. xapplexpiex Aug 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This is based on one of the many original comic series by Mark Millar. I’ve only read vol 1 so far and enjoyed it. I even got the graphic novel signed by the artist at a con. The first came out in 2013 and vol 2 was released in 2017. Since Netflix bought Millar’s comic imprint Millarworld, I expect much more of his work to be adapted. Huck, Reborn, Chrononauts, Starlight, and Empress would be rad.

Here are some photos of the costumes during production:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/jupiters-legacy-josh-duhamel-utopian-set-photos/amp/

And here is a plot description from the article above:
    “Debuting in 2013, the Jupiter’s Legacy comics center on a group of people who during the Great Depression became the first superheroes the world had ever seen, forming a team christened the Union in the hope of becoming the salvation of a country crippled by hopelessness and in desperate need of something to believe in again. Decades later, their squabbling over the extent of their responsibilities in the modern day leads to internal conflict, while their children struggle with the impossible task of living up to their parents’ legendary legacy despite inheriting powers of their own, leading them to eschewing heroics and leading hedonistic lifestyles.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Thought this was gonna be related to Jupiter Ascending and now I’m kinda bummed. This sounds cool though!

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I liked both books, so I'm on board

4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the art was probably the big appeal for me when it came to the book. This looks pretty generic in comparison.

6. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

100% agreed.

There was one shot where the daughter looked EXACTLY like a Quietly drawing, but otherwise, this feels very CW.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

looks like mark millar shit

Henry likes this.
  8. Serh Apr 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

also, "from mark millar, the VISIONARY who brought you KICK-ASS"

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Zilla and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

seems to be getting panned in most places

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Said it in the Netflix thread: this show is fucking boring. I watched one episode and could tell it was not for me. Sucks because the books are both awesome.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

absolutely unwatchable shit

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Wow. Supercrooks is terrible. Empress or Reborn by Millar would be much better.

Henry likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious