Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jungle Book (2016, Jon Favreau) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Well, I mean, it's obviously not "needed." If it were, THAT would be a statement on the original's quality. The question is just whether or not the new one is enjoyable and worthwhile, which are both pretty subjective statements. (Though, artistic expression and financial gain do impact the "worthwhile" part of that.)

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Davjs like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Good point @Tim I don't think any film NEEDS to be made. They are just movies at the end of the day lol. I just want to enjoy it and for my time to be worthwhile like you said.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

And by needed, I should say I don't see a lot of value in giving a fairly modern animated movie (Even if it was 20+ years ago) a live action update compared to the more antiquated, older Disney animated movies that could benefit from it. It could be fine and I'd be glad to be wrong.

4. Davjs

Trusted

I want a live action Great Mouse Detective and a Roger Rabbit sequel :-|

5. Tim

Besides Jungle Book, the only other one I have interest in is Mulan, and only because a non-whitewashed live action adaptation would be a great win for Asian representation in Hollywood (and also have some really cool action sequences). Though, I'd also have concerns for it being done right.

Otherwise, I have no interest, but if others do have interest, cool for them.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Have they officially green lit that? I hope the fight scenes are cool and ever fight doesn't resolve with her shooting fireworks at people.

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Well, that's incorrect. He's a very good film writer.

8. Davjs

Trusted

What films has he written? I did see that he was the guy who wrote that War Craft was as bad as Battlefield Earth. Yikes. I'm glad you like him though.

9. Nathan

Writer on film*, I guess I should clarify. I also don't need to agree with every opinion a writer has to value their voice, though Warcraft was very bad.

10. Tim

Did anyone who wasn't an avid WOW fan excited to see it on the big screen actually like Warcraft, though? I'm not bothered at the idea of people liking Warcraft, but that's a weird film to base your dismissal of a critic on.

I don't know who the writer is because I personally don't get excited about film writing/criticism (though I also respect what good writers can do); my problem is simply with that particular claim he made via tweet. Good writers can make bad points, and vise versa. *shrug*

11. Nathan

Absolutely true.

12. Davjs

Trusted

I was excited to see Warcraft even though I never played WOW because I like fantasy and I like the Director. I found it to be pretty bland but heard from friends that love WOW that they loved it. I think it was more a love letter to the series than an actual good film.