Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle (Jake Kasdan, December 20, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was pretty solid. The Rock and Jack Black are great.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this was a lot of fun
    the whole video game concept/them playing avatars was well executed
    any flaws were explained by it, of course the villain is one note he's a video game boss, though it's like why get Bobby Cannavale for that

JRGComedy and Zilla like this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Damn I really enjoyed this! Didn't expect a fucking Jumanji sequel to make me tear up but that scene at the end with Colin Farrel caught me so off guard, fully expected the character to lose those 20 years.

4. Hanks

Davjs likes this.
  5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed this!

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The Sony product placement at the beginning of this movie was ridiculous. Some funny parts, but overall kind of bleh. Jack Black was the stand out character for me.

9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I only got to see about half of this before the movie theater had to evacuate for some kind of water pressure problem.

The intro Was just bleh. Once they get in the game though was having such a great time. Excited to get my refund and finish it.

Really was touched by the robin reference too

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What was the reference? I missed it.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Nick Jonas said he was living in Alan's old place and that he built it all

12. Dodger

Jonas’ character was living in a hut made by robins character (Alan parish) and he says something like “he built all this, im just living in it”

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Really appreciated the heart and messages in this, had a fun time as well. Nick Jonas’ acting was incredibly distracting at times, though.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This was a ton of fun, and really funny.

15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Fun is the right word for this. Good casting for the avatars

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really was not expecting this to be good at all. Fun movie.

17. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Funny reading the first page comments when this was one of the best films of 2017 imo. Good light-hearted fun.

The whole avatar cast was great but Kevin Hart was by far the best part of this film. Rarely ever lol during a film but Hart got me several times.

Hope they do actually make another sequel, whether as another video game (although they did destroy the game) or exploring a completely different medium. Jack Black hinted about the possibility of exploring the roots of who made Jumanji.

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

thought this was fin. The writing felt very "CBS" to me. I rolled me eyes a WHOLE lot in this movie. Even the comedy felt basic...like i expected much better zingers from Kevin Hart. The whole experience just felt incredibly safe and simple and hollywood and...eh i dont know

I'll say 6/10 type movie. Not mad about it..it is what it is.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is still going really strong. $300 mil domestically $680 million overall.

20. Jdaniels

Regular

Are you in TN???

21. Dodger

22. It seems like it too forever to get going but it was fun once they entered the game. Part of the problem was at least 25 minutes of previews.

23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Movie was just meh. Wasnt nearly as fun as the original. But then again, I saw the original in the movie theatre 20+ years ago and now Im an adult. I liked the two Robin Williams references the best. Kevin Hart was funny. Rock was the Rock. Jack Black was annoying. Its so funny that the little kid in the theatre next to me was calling him Dwayne the rock Johnson and he was like 9. I has no idea who "the rock" used to be.
    All in all, dont need to see this again. But since I used moviepass it was worth a watch.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Davjs and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Reserved seats. I ALWAYS show up 15-20 minutes late.