Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jumanji: The Next Level (Jake Kasdan, December 13, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. Had a surprisingly good time with the last one, so I'll check this one out.

3. I can’t envision this doing as well as the first but DJ’s popularity continues to surprise me.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The characters they are playing have me so excited for this. Seems like a hilarious concept.

Still need to watch the first one.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this is kind of weak, didn't think they did too many new things with this. mostly nothing feels fresh and the switched bodies seem like an attempt to barely rearrange the same jokes they made last time. felt like it needed at least one more draft or something

7. Serh Dec 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'm being totally honest here: the funniest thing about this movie for me is that i was evidently the 69th person in line for the screening (they give you a slip/number)

flask and CarpetElf like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's too bad. It didn't really feel like they needed another one, but I was hoping this would at least be somewhat entertaining.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean, i definitely know this is the most boring observation to make about a sequel, but so much of this was like, well you liked this two years ago, so have it again why dontcha. they did the least they could to update this. and what a disappointing waste of awkwafina several months after being in one of my favorites for the year

Zilla likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty funny interview

kyle likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was fun, which is all I need out of these.

sequel setup makes sense bringing it back to the original concept of the game appearing in the real world, but weird since it means that The Rock and crew would just be generic video game characters without the humans controlling them

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I liked this way more than the first and I only saw that one for the first time yesterday lol

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Funniest part of the movie for me was a pratfall that DeVito does early on. Rest was kinda meh.

Serh likes this.
  15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

damn, I didnt even think about that. I dont even think I would want to see the movie if it was like that.

Movie was fun for what it was. Frank Reynolds, I mean Danny DeVito, made it better with his humor.

RyanPm40 and JRGComedy like this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol Danny pretty much was Frank cleaned up f

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thought it was a pretty solid holiday blockbuster. Did a lot of the same things again, but the addition of Awkafina and The Rock and Kevin Hart going against type was enough to make it fun. And I though Devito’s line about growing old being a gift was touching.

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I liked her at the beginning more than at the end. For some reason she just annoys me. Must be because of Crazy Rich Asians and Neighbors 2.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter