Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

July 22nd, 2003 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I met Thrice that same year in a Best Buy and they could tell i knew who they were, but i was being a bit shy...finally mustered up the courage to tell them how much i loved The Artist in the Ambulance, and I asked Dustin what CD i should buy. He recommended Frogstomp by Silverchair.

2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Both of these albums are still HUGE for me too, Jason. Glad to be a strong part of the Chorus.FM community and I thank you for allowing me to continue to contribute to the community that was such a big part of my life so far.

3. paintmeblue

Newbie Supporter

Also I just remembered that TEN's The Room's Too Cold came out that fall. Wow, what a year.

Pepetito, Bartek T. and KidLightning like this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Yeah, that was surely a year that ignited understanding for the kind of music I still listen to nowadays. 15 years ehh!

5. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Iconic album.

6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Rx Bandits' The Resignation was a week before these two, and DCFC's Transatlanticism was that fall too.

paintmeblue and Bartek T. like this.
  7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'm surprised he didn't vouch for Neon Ballroom or Diroama.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just got reminded through another thread, "Remember Right Now" by Spitalfield came out in June of 2003! ;d Can't believe it was released before "Ocean Avenue"!

9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

maybe we've talked about it before but who were you on the boards?? and who did you marry lol

fourstarters likes this.
  10. sooner518

Regular

ha oh man, i was a big member of the YCMB back in the day. back in the OFTK and Underdog era. i still have some really dopey photoshops i made somewhere on an old photobucket account.

i remember the summer of '03, home from college, taking some community college classes, and i remember checking mIRC every night for weeks and weeks, waiting for Ocean Avenue to leak. i remember sitting on an IRC channel and someone said it had finally leaked and we all waited for it to get uploaded to a bot so we could download it. it is legit, one of the best pop-punk albums of all time. and the production is incredible.

11. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

JJ & Tina.

12. supernovagirl

Lolll then what was YOUR name on there?? Would love to see those old photoshops too lmao

Jj...was there more to your username? I don’t think I know who Tina is

fourstarters likes this.
  13. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Usually some variation of Batman. I’m pretty sure Tina was just “Tina”.

I -think- Sooner is Steve. I could be wrong.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

FUCK YOU.

Chris Prindle and tdlyon like this.
  15. supernovagirl

Well my memory is mostly shit tbh but that’s cool!!

16. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

But who were you!!?

17. supernovagirl

I honestly don’t remember on ycmb. On their various other message boards I was dumblonde0617 and amber.hey