Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Idk, like I mentioned, Futures has been my favorite album since I was 11 years old...but I was kind of appropriating emotions because I was so young and inexperienced in life at the time. Over time I've made true connections with it obviously, but I can't remember the last album that has made the type of immediate, visceral impression that this has, because I seriously feel every word.

MrRobot likes this.
  2. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Same here. It's one of those incredibly rare albums that almost feels specifically made for you and written about your life/thoughts. It's hard to even explain to anyone who doesn't have the same sort of experience with it because it's so personal and genuine.

Sam_96 likes this.
  3. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Saw her for the first time last night, and all I can say is wow. Definitely don't hesitate to see her if you can. That was the best show I've been to in years.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I was at that show too. My eyes were welling up the whole time. What a talent.

Laura likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just saw Many Rooms open a show last night, and she was amazing. definitely a RIYL for Julien, hits a lot of the same themes and ideas.

maddiekayray and Joe like this.
  6. MrRobot

I had to hold back tearing up basically the entire show when I saw her. I think I was a little prepared from having heard the songs so many times from listening to the album, but then that new song of hers came around and I was not prepared for that. That one hit me so hard.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  7. MrRobot

I think we had the NPR stuff posted back on AP in the thread there, but I've been revisiting this recently and this performance is so, so good.

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Tonight! Can't wait.

Anyone else going?

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I may be. I'm waiting to hear back from her publicist, Amanda. Fingers crossed.

10. St. Nate

Nice. You doing something for this site or another?

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Hopefully this site. I'm trying to photograph her again and photograph Petal as well. If it's too quiet through I'm gonna feel bad taking more than a few shots which was the issue last time.

Petal's playing full band though so that's good.

12. St. Nate

Yeah. I've heard her shows are really really quiet, which will be interesting cause even at most acoustic sets you can still hear a murmur. Never seen her before.

13. MrRobot

I think she's getting to the point where people will sing along to a couple of songs (that's how it was at my show at least) but it's not much more than a quiet whispering along. It was dead silent throughout 90% of the show with attention just focused on her.

14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

That's how it was the one time I saw her in Philly.

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

St. Nate likes this.
  16. St. Nate

Someone hang out with me. I'm already in the city cause I work here and I have to kill time.

17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

listening to this while driving home during this sudden rain/thunder storm today was blissful.
    now i'm watching Blade Runner. such positive things :blush:

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm finally here now lol. A few blocks away from the Bowery

19. St. Nate

I am here.

20. MrRobot

She played at Billboard today.

21. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Apparently Sharon Van Etten joined Julien onstage tonight to perform "Good News." If I was there I would have absolutely lost it.

22. St. Nate

I didn't know that was that Sharon.

Oops.

23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It was. She introduced her as "Sharon" but both played it real cool. Sorry we didn't catch each other. I thought there would be a photo pit but obviously there wasn't.

24. St. Nate

It's cool. Can't wait for the pictures. Something about that girl, she just photographs really well. I've never seen someone go from a virtual nobody to people's avatars so quickly.

25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Ryan's avatar is actually from the last time I saw her I think unless he switched avatars on the new site.