Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Julien Baker Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

that humiliating grace line was amazing.

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i love her, gosh

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Still one of the best shows I've been too. No one texted or talked throughout. Some people softly sang along but everyone just stood there silently, intently watching her. Plus the show was held at a "safe space" so it was even better. This record live destroys me.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Ya, I should have just gone to go see her when I had the chance. Kicking myself on that one. She's amazing.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really wish this had been the case in minneapolis. two couples in front of me texting throughout, another dude going back and forth from the bar to the stage in the middle of songs, loudly saying "SORRY" to anyone he bumped into.

6. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Same here at the show in Indy. It was dead silent throughout the whole venue except for the few songs people were singing along to, which really caught her off guard, she started smiling like a kid in the middle of some really sad songs because of everyone singing, it was such an amazing genuine reaction.

7. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Best birthday of my now-25-year-old life. This girl is something special.

Bartek T. likes this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Listen to this so often. One of my go to drinking albums

9. MrRobot

She really is. The whole time I was watching her show I kept getting one of those "I'm experiencing something really great that I'll remember for a long time" feelings that you only get every once in a while seeing an artist for the first time.

10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

11. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The interaction between Julien and mewithoutYou on Twitter yesterday was heartwarming.

12. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

That would be the most amazing show, but also very jarring for people who didn't know the other.

Iago likes this.
  13. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Sign me up. I would pay way too much money for this.

Jacob, chhholly123 and Iago like this.
  14. MrRobot

15. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Need to read that later.

Crazy how much exposure she is getting. It's inspiring to see good music get the publicity it deserves.

16. coleslawed likes this.
  17. MrRobot

I really wish someone would record her playing that new song she has (not Funeral Pyre, but the other one) because it's so damn good and it's nowhere to be found on youtube or anything yet.

It's so easy to get lost in her performance and forget/not want to take any pictures or videos though, so it makes sense there isn't a whole lot out there.

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm so incredibly mad at myself for not seeing her whenever she came thru SF a while back. i don't even remember when that was, i haven't even been aware of her tour dates!

19. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

She seriously commands an audience like nobody else I've seen live. Captivating. Pulling my phone out didn't even cross my mind.

20. MrRobot

Yup, same. She honestly might have given my favorite live performance I've been to.

21. danielalee12

Regular

Anyone in Boston seeing her tomorrow/ want to with me :)?

22. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

i'm considering going to her show at the sinclair, i have a friend visiting this weekend so i'll have to see what we get up to

23. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Don't consider just go

MrRobot likes this.
  24. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

I'm literally drunk, walking around town at 3am, akin to the way she sings about, listening to this album on repeat.

And everything I've said in this thread about her, her live shows, and this album has been drenched in what could be confused for hyperbole...but this might be my favorite album of all time. Which is a title that hasn't been questioned since Futures changed my world as as a young kid who could only attempt to romanticize the problems "adults" sang about.

But here I am, 22, fucked up, and connecting to her music in a way that literally shakes the foundations of my existence. I'm drunk so this post might be inundated with absolute nonsense. But I hope you guys feel an ounce of what I do when I press play on this album. God bless Julien Baker.

25. MrRobot

I'm 100% sober and it's getting close to being my favorite. I usually like to wait until albums have been out for a year to say how solidly I feel about them, but this album means the world to me. I can count on one hand the number of albums I've been emotionally connected to like this one.